Ali Yildirim MCIL CL MITI
Ali Yildirim MCIL CL MITI
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:48
English to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 24, 2014

Hi,

For a while now, SDL isn't showing the exact word count but it's showing the word count a lot higher than it's.
For example with my current project the actual word count is 3000 but Trados is showing it as 8000. Has any one dealt with a similar issue? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Ali

[Edited at 2014-03-24 09:51 GMT]

Brent Pickering
Brent Pickering  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:48
French to English
Same problem Jul 17, 2014

I had the same problem.

Run the Batch Task "Translation Count" (As a result, I also no longer have negative Draft word counts - duh...).

All the best

Marine Sarda
Marine Sarda
France
Local time: 07:48
English to French
+ ...
Many thanks Jul 24, 2014

Thank you very much for helping me getting rid of these "phantom" unconfirmed segments that kept appearing in the confirmation statistics at the end of the translation process!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2014 Translation Confirmation Statistics

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »