Thread poster: libhf
libhf
libhf
United States
Local time: 13:03
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 12, 2014

I go through the project creation motions, choose my termbase (bilingual), then choose a word file in Arabic so I can extract the terms and translate them to English and feed them into my termbase.

After going through all these steps, I end up with 0 terms. The document in question is 6,000 words. I run Windows 8.1 with 8 Gig of memory.

I followed the tutorial also.

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks,

Hikmat

Miguel Ríos
Miguel Ríos
Mexico
Local time: 11:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problems here too.. May 27, 2015

Well, buddy, I just installed it myself and I think I read something about installing support for non-wetern languages somewhere in the user guide:

SDL MultiTerm Extract supports all languages, including those of the Far East. If you are using a
non-Western languages, you must have support for the relevant language installed on your
computer.

Anyway, this is a thread from April, and if you are like me you must be already past this issue.

I have
... See more
Well, buddy, I just installed it myself and I think I read something about installing support for non-wetern languages somewhere in the user guide:

SDL MultiTerm Extract supports all languages, including those of the Far East. If you are using a
non-Western languages, you must have support for the relevant language installed on your
computer.

Anyway, this is a thread from April, and if you are like me you must be already past this issue.

I have the problem of adding a file and waiting forever until the software reads it... 45 minutes and 0% progress, for an 4,000 word file in >MS-Word...

Any leads?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem extracting terms from MS Word using MultiTerm Extract 2014

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »