Can I install Studio 2011 after I have installed Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 05:46
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 15, 2014

The reason I now want to install Studio 2011 even though I already have upgraded to Studio 2014 is that I need to use Passolo Essential for a job.

So I first sent this support request to SDL Support to ask about Passolo Essential:

I just received a request from a customer for a job to be done in SDL Passolo Essential, but can't find my download for it. I have already upgraded to SDL Trados Studio 2014. Did I loose my license for Passolo when I did that? If not, from wh
... See more
The reason I now want to install Studio 2011 even though I already have upgraded to Studio 2014 is that I need to use Passolo Essential for a job.

So I first sent this support request to SDL Support to ask about Passolo Essential:

I just received a request from a customer for a job to be done in SDL Passolo Essential, but can't find my download for it. I have already upgraded to SDL Trados Studio 2014. Did I loose my license for Passolo when I did that? If not, from where can I download Passolo and use for this job? I need to reply if I can take on the job tomorrow morning CET.

Then I received this reply from SDL Support:

You still have the license for Passolo 2011 Essential, and you can also install it. You purchased the Studio 2011 packages with Passolo integrated in the same installer (and not just Passolo separately).

Therefore you can go to your SDL account> My Downloads> expand Upgrade from SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance Plus to SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus. Download & install SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2, which will also install Passolo 2011.

But I am not certain what might happen if I begin to install Studio 2011 after my installation of Studio 2014. And why isn't Passolo integrated in Studio 2014?
Collapse

ghislandi
ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:46
English to Italian
Info Apr 15, 2014

Hello
I am from SDL.
You should still have Passolo Essential 2011 which you can install.
If you get in touch directly with us via PROZ message - I can look into your account and see what is happening with your license.

Have you checked the 'My Download' Section on http://oos.sdl.com?

Regards
Massi

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 05:46
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have Studio 2011 in the download section Apr 15, 2014

Yes, I have Studio 2011 in the download section when I log in, and for my license for Passolo it says it's in use (0 available).

So I don't have any standalone download for Passolo Essential. If I want to use Passolo, I must download the whole installation for Studio 2011. But the problem is I think it's not possible to install Studio 2011 after I have installed Studio 2014. Probably I have to uninstall Studio 2014, install Studio 2011 and then re-install Studio 2014.

B
... See more
Yes, I have Studio 2011 in the download section when I log in, and for my license for Passolo it says it's in use (0 available).

So I don't have any standalone download for Passolo Essential. If I want to use Passolo, I must download the whole installation for Studio 2011. But the problem is I think it's not possible to install Studio 2011 after I have installed Studio 2014. Probably I have to uninstall Studio 2014, install Studio 2011 and then re-install Studio 2014.

But I will choose the solution to install the translator edition from http://www.translationzone.com/resources/downloads/sdl-passolo-2011-translator-edition.html

I think that's the quickest way now to get started.
Collapse

ghislandi
ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:46
English to Italian
Info Apr 16, 2014

Hello
I checked and you can install Studio 2011 on the same computer as 2014 and that will install SDL Passolo Essential 2011.

Once completed the installation you could remove Studio 2011 but keep the Passolo Essential installation.

New customers get a separate download of Passolo Essential - but for existing customers we worked on the basis that Passolo would have already been installed so there was no need for the separate installer.

I hope this hel
... See more
Hello
I checked and you can install Studio 2011 on the same computer as 2014 and that will install SDL Passolo Essential 2011.

Once completed the installation you could remove Studio 2011 but keep the Passolo Essential installation.

New customers get a separate download of Passolo Essential - but for existing customers we worked on the basis that Passolo would have already been installed so there was no need for the separate installer.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Massi
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I install Studio 2011 after I have installed Studio 2014?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »