Seia (X)
Seia (X)
France
Local time: 05:00
French to Finnish
+ ...
Apr 15, 2014

Hi,

I just updated to Windows 8.1. and now my Studio 2011 will not start at all. There's just the little starting window (where is sometimes got stuck on "loading plug-ins").

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks!

Simon Chen
Simon Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 11:00
English to Chinese
+ ...
Try Studio 2014 Apr 16, 2014

May because 2011 comes before Win8 appears. But I believe Trados 2014 will be no problem.

Tomas Foltyn
Tomas Foltyn  Identity Verified
Slovakia
English to Slovak
+ ...
Windows 8.1 and Studio 2011 Apr 30, 2014

Hi,

Is this apparent incompatibility between Windows 8.1 and Studio 2011 a general and widespread issue? I'm asking because I'm about to upgrade to a new desktop with 8.1, so before I take the plunge it'd be great to know if Studio 2011 is working fine with Windows 8.1. I'm not planning on upgrading to Studio 2014 just yet.

Thank you!

Tomas

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:00
English to Spanish
RE: Windows 8.1 and Studio 2011 Apr 30, 2014

Tomas Foltyn wrote:

Hi,

Is this apparent incompatibility between Windows 8.1 and Studio 2011 a general and widespread issue? I'm asking because I'm about to upgrade to a new desktop with 8.1, so before I take the plunge it'd be great to know if Studio 2011 is working fine with Windows 8.1. I'm not planning on upgrading to Studio 2014 just yet.

Thank you!

Tomas

Hi Tomas,

I went through the exact same thing (new desktop with Win 8.1, install Studio 2011) a few weeks ago, and I have not had any problems at all.

Just be aware that Multiterm installs Java 6.0_24 (at least in my case it did), a very old version. I disabled automatic updates on both, Studio/Multiterm and Java, in order to avoid the problems caused by every Java update, but that leaves my computer exposed to safety risks on the web due to the fact that I am using a very old version of Java.

Good luck to you.

[Edited at 2014-04-30 15:16 GMT]

Tomas Foltyn
Tomas Foltyn  Identity Verified
Slovakia
English to Slovak
+ ...
@Miguel Apr 30, 2014

¡Muchísimas gracias por tu respuesta, Miguel!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio will nor start after Windows 8.1 update

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »