Thread poster: Aditya Ikhsan Prasiddha
Aditya Ikhsan Prasiddha
Aditya Ikhsan Prasiddha  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 14:18
English to Indonesian
Apr 17, 2014

Hi there,

A beginner question here. I'm translating an html file in Trados and I'm using "copy source" on every segment to preserve the tags and everything seems fine except when I encounter a quotation mark. When I opened the translation with Notepad++ all quotation marks are changed to & quot ; (without spaces). Mind you, I didn't edit the marks at all (i.e. I didn't type them manually, just copied them from the source).

The alignment is also changed. For example:
... See more
Hi there,

A beginner question here. I'm translating an html file in Trados and I'm using "copy source" on every segment to preserve the tags and everything seems fine except when I encounter a quotation mark. When I opened the translation with Notepad++ all quotation marks are changed to & quot ; (without spaces). Mind you, I didn't edit the marks at all (i.e. I didn't type them manually, just copied them from the source).

The alignment is also changed. For example:

Source:
Today, being able to translate HTML is crucial, for obvious reasons,
and about every translator will accept HTML files. Yet, although it's not
politically correct to mention this here, truth is that many translators
don't know enough about HTML and websites to do a professional job.

Translation:
Today, being able to translate HTML is crucial, for obvious reasons, and about every translator will accept HTML files. Yet, although it's not politically correct to mention this here, truth is that many translators don't know enough about HTML and websites to do a professional job.

Is there any way to prevent those? It probably won't affect anything when the file goes live on the website but I'd just like to keep things as they were. Thanks!

[Edited at 2014-04-17 03:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-04-17 03:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-04-17 03:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-04-17 09:55 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 changes quotation mark to & quot ; and also alignment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »