Identify comments in Java properties file
Thread poster: Jeff_Nguyen
Jeff_Nguyen
Jeff_Nguyen
Vietnam
Local time: 14:58
Apr 17, 2014

Hi all TRADOS experts,

My TRADOS version is SDL Trados Studio 2014 Professional - 11.0.3709.0, and this question relates to Java properties files.

My question is:

Currently I have a Java properties (.properties) file. 1 sample of the file is as below:
CMD_CUSTOMIZE_RESET.shorttext =Reset
CMD_CUSTOMIZE_RESET.text =Reset to defaults
CMD_CUSTOMIZE_RESET.helptext =Reset to original values
CMD_CUSTOMIZE_RESET.tooltip
... See more
Hi all TRADOS experts,

My TRADOS version is SDL Trados Studio 2014 Professional - 11.0.3709.0, and this question relates to Java properties files.

My question is:

Currently I have a Java properties (.properties) file. 1 sample of the file is as below:
CMD_CUSTOMIZE_RESET.shorttext =Reset
CMD_CUSTOMIZE_RESET.text =Reset to defaults
CMD_CUSTOMIZE_RESET.helptext =Reset to original values
CMD_CUSTOMIZE_RESET.tooltip =Reset to original values
CMD_CUSTOMIZE_RESET.accesskey =R
CMD_CUSTOMIZE_RESET.shortcut =ctrl K

Now what I want to do is to translate all of these, EXCEPT the shortcut tag (i.e. the last line). However, when I go to Project settings, I cannot make TRADOS understand that I want to exclude that line (e.g. in MemoQ we can setup something like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9343947/MemoQ.png , i.e. setup comment that contains the "shortcut" word)

TRADOS only has delimiter to distinguish comments, and I cannot use it. Can you please kindly advise?

Thank you very much.

BR,
Jeff
Collapse

Jeff_Nguyen
Jeff_Nguyen
Vietnam
Local time: 14:58
TOPIC STARTER
Any ideas... Apr 18, 2014

...Any ideas on this?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Identify comments in Java properties file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »