Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:53
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2014

This post provides a solutions for the case:

When you open the word in trados and get this message.

Copy the contents of the file, open a new word, copy and paste the contents in the new file. When copying the contents, use the button "keep original formatting". This would solve the problem.

Question:

I have visually checked the file and I have not seen any changes. I am not very good with formatting.

Does this mean that I wil
... See more
This post provides a solutions for the case:

When you open the word in trados and get this message.

Copy the contents of the file, open a new word, copy and paste the contents in the new file. When copying the contents, use the button "keep original formatting". This would solve the problem.

Question:

I have visually checked the file and I have not seen any changes. I am not very good with formatting.

Does this mean that I will retain all formatting -- I have 100 files and I do not want to check and (or) edit formatting, if something goes wrong. Anyway, I have checked it across 10 files and can see no changes whatsoever.

If there is a risk of such changes, should I use secure sdlxliff? Have u used it? Are there any other methods to tackle this issue?
Collapse

Hamid Aydin
Hamid Aydin  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 04:53
Member (2008)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Another option Apr 18, 2014

Hi Andrew,

Another option is to change the file extension in Word e.g. from *.doc into *.docx or vice versa. I have been using this method, and it was helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tw4winMark when opening a file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »