Error message when importing a WorldServer project package file (.wsxz) in Studio 2011/2014
Thread poster: Patricia Casellas
Patricia Casellas
Patricia Casellas  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:33
German to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 17, 2014

Dear Colleagues,

when I try to import an WSXZ file in Studio, the process stops due to the error "The process cannot access the file Worldserver.ldb because it is being used by another process". Other colleagues can import the same packages in their computers, so I assume the problem must be related with my computer or settings. I have tried to unlock this .ldb file, but it doesn't work either and I have also searched the SDL KB without success.
Can anyone help me with t
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

when I try to import an WSXZ file in Studio, the process stops due to the error "The process cannot access the file Worldserver.ldb because it is being used by another process". Other colleagues can import the same packages in their computers, so I assume the problem must be related with my computer or settings. I have tried to unlock this .ldb file, but it doesn't work either and I have also searched the SDL KB without success.
Can anyone help me with this? In the meantime I'm working with the .xlf file, but I would like to solve the problem for future assignments.

Thank you all in advance!

Patricia
Collapse

LauraCavatorta
LauraCavatorta  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem in Studio 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Hi,
I know your post is quite old, but I am having the same problem in Studio 2015.
How did you manage to solve it?
Thanks!

_stephan
_stephan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Repair/Update SDL WorldServer Components Oct 7, 2015

A colleague of mine just had the same problem. What we did was repair the SDL WorldServer Components (Windows Control Panel -> Programmes and Features), after which Studio suddenly said that they are no longer up to date. So we downloaded the current version from the KB and now everything is back to normal.

Annette Jara Matus geb. Canora
Annette Jara Matus geb. Canora  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Reparier/Update SDL WorldServer Components Nov 17, 2015

Where do I find the SDL WorldServer Components in windows 10 and Studio 2015? I don´t see it in programs and features.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when importing a WorldServer project package file (.wsxz) in Studio 2011/2014

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »