Laura Bremen-Schevers
Netherlands
Local time: 06:19
Member (2015)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 20, 2014

Hi,

When opening a my client's project package in Trados Studio 14, I get the following informatie, saying "Termbases ... could not be connected so term recognition cannot use these termbases".

I asked my client how to solve this problem, who works with SDL Trados and Multiterm 2011. I opened "project setting", where I can see the termbases that cause problems.

Behind the termbases, I see a red cros, so I try to remove these termbases and re-open them again
... See more
Hi,

When opening a my client's project package in Trados Studio 14, I get the following informatie, saying "Termbases ... could not be connected so term recognition cannot use these termbases".

I asked my client how to solve this problem, who works with SDL Trados and Multiterm 2011. I opened "project setting", where I can see the termbases that cause problems.

Behind the termbases, I see a red cros, so I try to remove these termbases and re-open them again. When I remove the termbases, I get the information: "The default termbase has been changed so the languages have been changed. Check that the languages are correct". Is this normal?
When I try to re-open them again, I get the following error: "A connection to SDL Multiterm Server * could not be established. Invalid Login Details". That's very strange, because I have entered the exact same login details my client gave me.

I also tried to unable the termbases and enable them again. Then I get the "The default termbase has been changed so the languages have been changed. Check that the languages are correct"-information again. When I click OK, I get the following error: "An error occured whilst selecting a termbase".

Does anyone know how to solve the problem? Thank you very much in advance!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:19
English
Maybe... Apr 20, 2014

... the termbase contains some languages your instance of Studio doesn't support. MultiTerm can be multilingual. Can you open the termbase in MultiTerm? If you can, then maybe consider using the Glossary Converter from the OpenExchange to create a new termbase with only the languages you require?

Another thought... even though you get this message, can you set the languages as they should be in the Termbase settings? So where you see the languages, can you set them so they are a
... See more
... the termbase contains some languages your instance of Studio doesn't support. MultiTerm can be multilingual. Can you open the termbase in MultiTerm? If you can, then maybe consider using the Glossary Converter from the OpenExchange to create a new termbase with only the languages you require?

Another thought... even though you get this message, can you set the languages as they should be in the Termbase settings? So where you see the languages, can you set them so they are all recognised? Look in Project Settings -> All Language Pairs -> Termbases and then adjust the languages as required.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open my client's termbases in project package Trados Studio 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »