Intrusive tags in Trados 2014 > problem with JRE?
Thread poster: Alexandre Le Duc
Alexandre Le Duc
Alexandre Le Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:36
German to French
+ ...
Apr 20, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I am encountering a Tag display problem on SDL Trados 2014 and I don't really know how to describe it with words, but I think (from my experience with other CAT tools) that it is related to a problem with JRE (maybe a recent update).
Basically, I am getting one tag per letter, which makes it quite difficult to read the sentence; If I can't find a solution to this problem, well, I'll have to translate manually...
So, I would really appreciate to get someo
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am encountering a Tag display problem on SDL Trados 2014 and I don't really know how to describe it with words, but I think (from my experience with other CAT tools) that it is related to a problem with JRE (maybe a recent update).
Basically, I am getting one tag per letter, which makes it quite difficult to read the sentence; If I can't find a solution to this problem, well, I'll have to translate manually...
So, I would really appreciate to get someone's help to solve this problem.

Thank you for your answers.

Here is a picture of what I Trados is displaying:

Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Sounds more like... Apr 20, 2014

... a file that has been converted from a PDF perhaps. So you have kerning between the letters which will be represented by a tag with pretty much any CAT tool other than one that works inside Word.

Check this article from Tuomas Kostiainen... might be helpful:

http://tradoshelp.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/purple-haze-overdose-of-tags/
... See more
... a file that has been converted from a PDF perhaps. So you have kerning between the letters which will be represented by a tag with pretty much any CAT tool other than one that works inside Word.

Check this article from Tuomas Kostiainen... might be helpful:

http://tradoshelp.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/purple-haze-overdose-of-tags/

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Alexandre Le Duc
Alexandre Le Duc  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Apr 20, 2014

@Paul
Thank you for your answer.

Apparently, I solved the problem by updating Java. The display is now OK, however, it still doesn't recognize words as such, hinting at the hidden tags...
Anyway, I a can at least read the text, which is very handy to translate.

Jackie Doble
Jackie Doble
France
Member (2011)
French to English
fonts Apr 22, 2014

I have also had problems with multiple tags making the file illegible in 2014, and it turned out to be changes in fonts in the source text - (some kind of corruption) so I changed everything to one font, and could then read it fine.

I am just putting this out for future reference!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Intrusive tags in Trados 2014 > problem with JRE?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »