Install 2011 Professional AND 2014 Trial at the same time?
Thread poster: JHGB
JHGB
JHGB  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:00
Member (1970)
Apr 21, 2014

I currently have Studio 2011 Professional running, but need to test a project in 2014 and would like to install a Studio 2014 trial. Will this mess with my 2011 version? Can I run both separately at the same time?

Thank you for any advice!

Jenny H.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:00
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Not sure Apr 21, 2014

I'm not sure. Someone ran into problems with this last week:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/267673-2014_trial_caused_2011_licence_to_expire_urgent.html

If you actually upgrade, you'll be able to run both versions side by side, but it seems the trial version may cause licensing problems.

I
... See more
I'm not sure. Someone ran into problems with this last week:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/267673-2014_trial_caused_2011_licence_to_expire_urgent.html

If you actually upgrade, you'll be able to run both versions side by side, but it seems the trial version may cause licensing problems.

I wouldn't do it unless you're in between projects and it's a working day so you can get support from SDL if you need it. (NB, today's a bank holiday in many parts of Europe).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Install 2011 Professional AND 2014 Trial at the same time?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »