Thread poster: Worder Company
Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:53
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 24, 2014

For some reason I have a couple of English words in the Russian translation (trados 2014). The checker would not identify such words. Is it possible to change the settings to "identify all English letters in the Russian translation", so that when I do spell check, such words would be identified?

pmakinen
pmakinen  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:53
Member (2005)
Croatian to English
+ ...
If final document is in Word Apr 24, 2014

Andrew052 wrote:

For some reason I have a couple of English words in the Russian translation (trados 2014). The checker would not identify such words. Is it possible to change the settings to "identify all English letters in the Russian translation", so that when I do spell check, such words would be identified?

A wildcard search on [a-zA-Z] will find any stray Roman-alphabet characters, and, likewise, [а-яА-Я] will find any stray Russian characters in a Roman-alphabet text.

Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:53
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to use wildcards? Apr 25, 2014

pmakinen wrote:

Andrew052 wrote:

A wildcard search on [a-zA-Z] will find any stray Roman-alphabet characters, and, likewise, [а-яА-Я] will find any stray Russian characters in a Roman-alphabet text.

Thank you for your answer. I would be grateful if you can provide some instructions on how to use the wildcards.

P.S.

I have lots of English words and English letters in the Russian translation (for instance, letters in the numbers+letters of spare parts; names of brands, etc.), so I am not sure that it's the best option. I am seeking for a capability of the QA checker to identify English words in the Russian translation, not just letters.

The root cause for this issue is as follows:

I have TMs that are English-English (versus English-Russian) and I have forgotten to untick confirm CMs after pre-translation. Now I have an extremely large merged file with lots of CMs , sourced from various TMs -- some of them are from English-Russian TMs and some are from English-English.

P.S.

I have heard about some other QA checkers that can be integrated with Trados. Does anyone know about this capability with other QA checkers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Check for English Letters in Russian Text

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »