Julien Mulas
Julien Mulas  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:50
Member (2013)
English to French
May 1, 2014

Hello,

I am quite a beginner with Trados and I got a problem.
When I try to save my target file, I got the following message: "'w' est un espace de nom non déclaré. Ligne 1, Position 2", and I can't save the file.

Would you know why ? And how to fix this very annoying problem ?

Thank you in advance.

Alexis CHABANOL
Alexis CHABANOL  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Same problem Dec 16, 2014

Hello

I am currently having the same problem.
Have you managed to deal with it?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Kind regards,

Alex

Simone Duver (X)
Simone Duver (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
Same problem Sep 20, 2016

Hello,

I know that this discussion is a bit old, but I've got the same problem and the same message with my Studio 2009, it is impossible to export my translations as Excel or Word documents.

For information: I am a "dinosaure" who still works with the Office Pack 2003, but I have no problems with opening xlsx and docx documents.

Is it possible that I need the newest Office Pack to export my translations with Studio or may there be a configuration problem?
... See more
Hello,

I know that this discussion is a bit old, but I've got the same problem and the same message with my Studio 2009, it is impossible to export my translations as Excel or Word documents.

For information: I am a "dinosaure" who still works with the Office Pack 2003, but I have no problems with opening xlsx and docx documents.

Is it possible that I need the newest Office Pack to export my translations with Studio or may there be a configuration problem? Is there another way to get my translation out of Studio, for example by saving it as doc or xls document?

Thank you for your help and have a nice day.

- Simone -

[Modifié le 2016-09-20 09:34 GMT]
Collapse

sdl_roman
sdl_roman
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:50
some clarification Sep 20, 2016

Hi Simone,

Could you please confirm the file format of the original client file?

Thank you

SDL_Roman

[Edited at 2016-09-20 09:54 GMT]

Simone Duver (X)
Simone Duver (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
docx, xlsx, pptx Sep 30, 2016

Hello SDL Roman,

The client file can be: docx, pptx, xlsx.

As I have no difficulty to export doc, ppt and xls, I fear that the problem is due to the fact that I don't have Office 2007. I think I will install it soon.

Meanwhile I always must convert the client's file into a supported one and add it to the package. That functions but it's a bit time-consuming...

Thank you for your help.

- Simone -

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 Error

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »