Thread poster: RWS Community
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:16
English
Jun 6, 2014

Hi,

I thought you might be interested to look at some of the applications that will be getting released, and I imagine virtually all of them will be free, to the OpenExchange in the next couple of months. They will be specifically for Studio 2014 because they have to use the new integration API which is simply not there for previous versions.

There is a page on the OpenExchange website here that will be updated with new
... See more
Hi,

I thought you might be interested to look at some of the applications that will be getting released, and I imagine virtually all of them will be free, to the OpenExchange in the next couple of months. They will be specifically for Studio 2014 because they have to use the new integration API which is simply not there for previous versions.

There is a page on the OpenExchange website here that will be updated with new apps as they are released:

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/competition2014.html

And I have a small blog I am updating as we add new apps and I am going to try and record a short youtube video for each one so you can also see how they work: http://wp.me/p2xDjK-CJ

I can tell you that some of the apps I've seen during the run up are quite remarkable and the level of integration with Studio is surprising everyone. So take a look, and if you have Studio 2014 you may find there are some very useful apps for things you might have always wanted but didn't think something like that would ever be available in a CAT tool.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:16
English
TOPIC STARTER
Just bumping this post... Jun 12, 2014

... as there are a few very interesting applications available now that are well worth a look if you are a Studio 2014 user: http://wp.me/p2xDjK-CJ

“Dictionary Provider“
Allows you to double click a word in source or target and have a dictionary lookup through a small popup next to the word. You can set the default language for the text, or allow the language shown to be defined by the langu
... See more
... as there are a few very interesting applications available now that are well worth a look if you are a Studio 2014 user: http://wp.me/p2xDjK-CJ

“Dictionary Provider“
Allows you to double click a word in source or target and have a dictionary lookup through a small popup next to the word. You can set the default language for the text, or allow the language shown to be defined by the languages in the document you are translating. Right-click the feature on or off. Simple and effective!

“Studio Time Tracker“
Integrated tracking of your working time. The time recording is automatic and starts as soon as you open a file. Out of the box it categorises the work based on translation, review or sign-off (recognises the way a file is opened in Studio) and allows you to store projects against your clients. You can also store hourly rates for different kinds of work per client and then export your recorded time, with costs, straight into an Excel report.

“Google AutoSuggest“
This plugin takes advantage of the new AutoSuggest Provider API in Studio 2014 and adds an additional AutoSuggest Provider to your options. It works by suggesting possible translations as you type from single words up to full segments. It doesn’t require use of the Google Translate API so you do not need an API key.

“Glossary plugin“
This application brings the concept of Project Glossaries into the Studio interface itself. Three ways, all of which add a termbase to your Studio Project: a simple one click create, a use of the MultiTerm wizard, or create from a spreadsheet. You can also export your Project glossaries to a spreadsheet for anyone not using MultiTerm afterwards.

“Extended Search“
A neat little plugin that extends the search capability available for single files within Studio so that you can search across multiple files, or even multiple Projects and review the results in a new window within the Studio environment. Search supports regular expressions and the results can be exported to a file in the form of lists of matches.

“Studio Themes”
Skin your Studio! This plugin allows you to select from a variety of themed skins to complement the built in choices. If you’re a football fan then now’s the time to support the World Cup with a couple of FIFA 2014 themes to choose from!
Collapse

TwoSoft
TwoSoft
United Kingdom
Dictionary Plugin Jul 28, 2014

Hi all,

There is a new version of the Dictionary Plugin available on the OpenExchange portal that now has support for multiple dictionary providers and also has an enhanced popup to show the definitions.

Feedback is very welcomed!

TwoSoft

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL OpenExchange Developer Competition

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »