Why is Create return package greyed out?
Thread poster: two2tango
two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2014

Hello there,

I am working on a package in Studio 2009, which I seldom use. I need desperately to return a package right now and it appears in grey. What should I do first in order to Create return package to be in black?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Best,

Haydée

Maria Popova
Maria Popova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:29
Member (2011)
German to Bulgarian
Status of the project Jun 26, 2014

Perhaps you should change the status of your project into "In Progress".

See also: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/268507-return_package_in_studio_2014.html

[Edited at 2014-06-26 07:23 GMT]

Magnette Coetzer

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:29
English
Maybe... Jun 26, 2014

two2tango wrote:

I am working on a package in Studio 2009, which I seldom use. I need desperately to return a package right now and it appears in grey. What should I do first in order to Create return package to be in black?

... you have not selected the project? Simple I know, but I have seen this before.

Or another reason could be that you are not working on a Project that was created from a package in the first place? Similarly simple, but worth checking.

Regards

Paul

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks! Jun 26, 2014

I will try your recipes next time. In the end, I just delivered the individual files and the client said it was fine by him.

Thank you!

Bes,

Haydée

Rodrigo Cayres
Rodrigo Cayres  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Solution Sep 26, 2014

I'm joining this thread a bit late, but today I found myself in the same situation of Haydée. So, for future reference, it might be useful to say that the suggestion given by Maria Popova really solved the problem. Somehow, at some stage, I had marked the project as complete; when the time to create the return package came, it was grayed out.

Solution: Select the project and, in the Home tab, click on "Revert to In Progress" in the Tasks menu.

Regards,
Rod
... See more
I'm joining this thread a bit late, but today I found myself in the same situation of Haydée. So, for future reference, it might be useful to say that the suggestion given by Maria Popova really solved the problem. Somehow, at some stage, I had marked the project as complete; when the time to create the return package came, it was grayed out.

Solution: Select the project and, in the Home tab, click on "Revert to In Progress" in the Tasks menu.

Regards,
Rodrigo

----------
Trados Studio 2014 SP1
Win 8.1
Collapse

conejo
conejo  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:29
Japanese to English
+ ...
I set to "in progress" and it did not work. Oct 8, 2015

This project was created by me in Studio 2015 using the source files. It was not created using a package. If anyone can help I really appreciate it.

Angela Malik
Angela Malik  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:29
German to English
+ ...
Return packages don't work for projects created by the same user Oct 9, 2015

conejo wrote:

This project was created by me in Studio 2015 using the source files. It was not created using a package. If anyone can help I really appreciate it.

You cannot create a return package for a project that you yourself created. Out of interest, why would you even want to do that? You don't need the return files, since you have them already. And your client didn't create the project so they would have no use for the return package. If they want bilingual files, send them the SDLXLIFF files directly (without a package).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is Create return package greyed out?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »