The type initialiser for 'SDL.Enterprise2. Platform.Client. IdentityModel....' threw an exception
Thread poster: Steve Thomasson
Steve Thomasson
Steve Thomasson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:44
Member (2012)
German to English
Jul 9, 2014

Morning everyone!

I had a brief look to see if this is a known problem, but it does not seem to be so I will put it here.

When trying to open Trados (I have the 2011 Freelance edition) I cannot quite get into the main menu to get to my projects, but I do receive this message twice instead:

"The type initialiser for 'SDL.Enterprise2.Platform.Client.IdentityModel.IdentityInfoCache' threw an exception."

Googling is not revealing much, and I am una
... See more
Morning everyone!

I had a brief look to see if this is a known problem, but it does not seem to be so I will put it here.

When trying to open Trados (I have the 2011 Freelance edition) I cannot quite get into the main menu to get to my projects, but I do receive this message twice instead:

"The type initialiser for 'SDL.Enterprise2.Platform.Client.IdentityModel.IdentityInfoCache' threw an exception."

Googling is not revealing much, and I am unable to get into Trados to attack anything from that end... would anyone have any ideas, please?

best wishes / Steve

[Edited at 2014-07-09 08:51 GMT]
Collapse

Henrik Pedersen
Henrik Pedersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:44
English to Danish
+ ...
This is exactly what I am experiencing right now Sep 21, 2014

Hi Steve
This is exactly what I am experiencing right now at a highly inconvenient point of time (it usually is, right?!)

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? If so, please do let me know about this and save my Monday!
Best regards
Henrik Pedersen
EN/SE - DA

Steve Thomasson
Steve Thomasson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:44
Member (2012)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
I wish I had kept notes! Sep 21, 2014

Hi Henrik!

I did find a website somewhere (it might even have been the SDL translation zone), and it involved deleting a couple of specific files which had to be first rendered visible by changing the settings on the computer. Problem is, I cannot remember what these were.

I don't remember it being possible at the time to just uninstall and reinstall.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
For Studio 2011... Sep 22, 2014

... try this article which explains what to do:

Could you please try the following and let me know if it solves the problem (For Studio 2011 replace 11.0.0.0 with 10.0.0).

1. Exit SDL Trados Studio.
  2. Browse to the relevant directory.
    - Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[11.0.0.0]
    ... See more
... try this article which explains what to do:

Could you please try the following and let me know if it solves the problem (For Studio 2011 replace 11.0.0.0 with 10.0.0).

1. Exit SDL Trados Studio.
  2. Browse to the relevant directory.
    - Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[11.0.0.0]
    - Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[11.0.0.0]
  3. Here you find the following 3 files:
    - BaseSettings.xml
    - plugincache.xml
    - UserSettings.xml
  4. Delete all 3 files.

This will reset SDL Trados Studio to the factory defaults but may resolve the problem.

In case you cannot see the "AppData" folder, make sure that your folder view is set to "display hidden system folders." Here are step-by-step instructions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

Regards

Paul
Collapse

chinoff
chinoff  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Error message 'Sdl.Enterprise2.Platform.Client.IdentityModel.IdentityInfoCache' Apr 25, 2016

Hello,

I use Trados Studio 2011 Freelance, and I can't use it since this morning (as usual it happens when I have two large and urgent projects to do...).
I tried to delete those hidden files as said in the forum, but it still doesn't work. Each time I try to launch Trados, I get twice the same error message and the Trados shuts down.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance!
Geneviève

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The type initialiser for 'SDL.Enterprise2. Platform.Client. IdentityModel....' threw an exception

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »