Error after update of Trados 2014?
Thread poster: Matej OGRIZEK
Matej OGRIZEK
Matej OGRIZEK
Local time: 11:12
Slovenian to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2014

Today I updated Trados 2014 from SP1 3.1.3931 to SP1 3.1.3952.

After the update, Trados won't start and it shows the following error:

Cannot validate SDL plug-in: Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.Internal.IntegrationApiInitializer, Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888 :

I will use System Restore, I just wonder if I am the only one (OS: Win7, 64-bit)?

UPD
... See more
Today I updated Trados 2014 from SP1 3.1.3931 to SP1 3.1.3952.

After the update, Trados won't start and it shows the following error:

Cannot validate SDL plug-in: Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi.Internal.IntegrationApiInitializer, Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888 :

I will use System Restore, I just wonder if I am the only one (OS: Win7, 64-bit)?

UPDATE: System Restore thankfully worked, so 3931 version works now (again). Will wait with 3952. Did anyone install it without trouble?

[Edited at 2014-07-09 13:45 GMT]
Collapse

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
no problems Jul 9, 2014

no problems on my side. the CU installed and I haven't found any issues, only that I had to select the 5 languages Studios uses again.
I've also W7 64 bits.
maybe your installation ran into some type of conflict with yestarday's Patch Tuesday of Microsoft's updates?

Matej OGRIZEK
Matej OGRIZEK
Slovenian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 9, 2014

Lorenzo Bermejo wrote:
maybe your installation ran into some type of conflict with yestarday's Patch Tuesday of Microsoft's updates?
Dear Lorenzo, thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it's not it. Both updates did in fact run this morning, but after System Restore I ran Windows updates separately. Now I tried Trados alone, but again it failed.

Will contact support and let you know.

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
ftp Jul 9, 2014

Maybe try and download from the ftp site - the one with the hotfix user ID - worked for me under Vista, Win 7 & 8.1.

Cheers,

Bernard

Matej OGRIZEK
Matej OGRIZEK
Slovenian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Jul 30, 2014

I contacted support and they set up a remote session.

It turned out to be a permission issue, caused by mismatch between the user account and the Trados installation path. Apparently only the update was disturbed by it.

Running Trados with administrative rights helped.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error after update of Trados 2014?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »