Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:17
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 21, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I am working with several ASP files from my client. The problem is that Studio does not recognize any of the code, apostrophes in the English sentences break a segment into a new line, and the sentences get mixed up. Not to mention the completely wrong wordcounts.

strLoc_Order_Text =
& intErrorsCount &
txtred
s " &_
"hard drive, fill out the form below then click the "Get Activation Key" button."
&_
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am working with several ASP files from my client. The problem is that Studio does not recognize any of the code, apostrophes in the English sentences break a segment into a new line, and the sentences get mixed up. Not to mention the completely wrong wordcounts.

strLoc_Order_Text =
& intErrorsCount &
txtred
s " &_
"hard drive, fill out the form below then click the "Get Activation Key" button."
&_
"" &_
"Your Activation Key is delivered to you instantly after completing the activation forms." &_
"" &_
"100% Money-Back Guarantee:
If you don
&_
ll give you a full refund." &_
"" &_
"Customer Care Promise:
If you need help using our software, don
s our company policy to over-deliver in taking care of the people " &_
"we serve.

What can I do to resolve this?

On another note: I am actually prepared to pay a PSMA. I wrote SDL last week and the week before, asking to be contacted and informed about PSMAs. Nobody is calling me back. I find this a bit dissapointing, I must say. Not the best advertisement for a service contract...

Thank you in advance.

Stefanie

[Edited at 2014-07-21 10:34 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
On your post and support Jul 21, 2014

Stefanie Sendelbach wrote:

Dear colleagues,

<i>
strLoc_Order_Text =
& intErrorsCount &
txtred
s " &_
"hard drive, fill out the form below then click the "<b>Get Activation Key</b>" button."
&_
"" &_
"<p>Your Activation Key is delivered to you <b>instantly</b> after completing the activation forms.</p>" &_
"" &_
"<p>100% Money-Back Guarantee:
If you don
&_
ll give you a full refund.</p>" &_
"" &_
"<p>Customer Care Promise:
If you need help using our software, don
s our company policy to over-deliver in taking care of the people " &_
"we serve.
</i>

What can I do to resolve this?

On another note: I am actually prepared to pay a PSMA. I wrote SDL last week and the week before, asking to be contacted and informed about PSMAs. Nobody is calling me back. I find this a bit dissapointing, I must say. Not the best advertisement for a service contract...

Hi,

I have corrected your post above so the code is rendered as it should... see this article on why this happens : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-HZ

I don't know who you tried to contact already, but I dropped an email to the appropriate people and you should be contacted in due course.

Regards

Paul

Stefanie Sendelbach
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Paul Jul 21, 2014

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Would this kind of help actually be covered by an SDL PSMA? Would one of your support staff remotely log into my system to help me adjust the Studio settings so that the ASP files get displayed correctly?

I had contacted SDL t
... See more
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Would this kind of help actually be covered by an SDL PSMA? Would one of your support staff remotely log into my system to help me adjust the Studio settings so that the ASP files get displayed correctly?

I had contacted SDL through this site: https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/quoterequest.aspx?source=PSA. I reached there clicking the option in "If you would like assistance purchasing Licenses, Upgrades, PSMA, Training or Professional Services please request a quotation."

Best regards,

Stefanie
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Fine lines... Jul 21, 2014

Hi Stefanie,

I think this kind of thing is an interesting one. You only included a snippet of the code so this could be simple, intricate and time consuming, buggy... but we won't know until we see the file.

The support team will always spend as much time as is needed to help try and resolve things that should be working. But if the request is about customisation, and this can include configuring filetypes, then this would not be covered by a PSMA. So if it's simple
... See more
Hi Stefanie,

I think this kind of thing is an interesting one. You only included a snippet of the code so this could be simple, intricate and time consuming, buggy... but we won't know until we see the file.

The support team will always spend as much time as is needed to help try and resolve things that should be working. But if the request is about customisation, and this can include configuring filetypes, then this would not be covered by a PSMA. So if it's simple support are always likely to try and help, but they can't spend a lot of time if the resolution is purely customisation... they can just try to guide you so you do it yourself.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Stefanie Sendelbach
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Paul! Jul 21, 2014

Thank you for the clarification, Paul!

Gina has called me in the meanwhile and we discussed my other questions. I have purchased a PSMA now.

Best regards,

Stefanie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with the display of ASP files in Studio 2011

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »