Thread poster: pmones
pmones
pmones  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 18:26
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
Jul 22, 2014

Hi, I don't know why, but since a few days I am having some problems with the "Word List" in "QA Checker".

The problem is that, although I clicked "search whole words only", Trados looks for partial coincidences, thus it keeps sending we false warnings.

Eg: mi list includes the following words: "ant", "y", "o", and whenever one word includes this letters, it sends me an error message (one message for every time the 'word' appears). Eg. I get an error message for "errOr
... See more
Hi, I don't know why, but since a few days I am having some problems with the "Word List" in "QA Checker".

The problem is that, although I clicked "search whole words only", Trados looks for partial coincidences, thus it keeps sending we false warnings.

Eg: mi list includes the following words: "ant", "y", "o", and whenever one word includes this letters, it sends me an error message (one message for every time the 'word' appears). Eg. I get an error message for "errOr", "pANT", "sillY", "abandOnedlY", "rOsOliO" and so on.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Best.

Pablo

[Editado a las 2014-07-23 02:53 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QA Checker - Word List - False warnings and messages

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »