Thread poster: Denise Phelps
Denise Phelps
Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 22, 2014

Hi,

I'm using Trados Studio 2014, and I would like to know how to customise some of the greyed out quickinsert buttons on the home ribbon that are clearly there for this purpose. I use "No italics", "Apply highlight colour" and "No highlight colour" quite a lot, and would love to have them available there (or with a command) rather than having to open the quickinsert menu each time.

Thanks for any suggestions.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Customising QuickInsert tags Jul 22, 2014

Hi Denise,

There is only limited customisation available here at the moment. So making items that are embedded in the menu appear higher up the list and on the ribbon is not something we can support just yet. This will come.

There are other ways to work for many things though...

"No italics" for example. far better to work showing the tags and then you can more easily handle this. Alternatively use the clear formatting command in the ribbon. There is a
... See more
Hi Denise,

There is only limited customisation available here at the moment. So making items that are embedded in the menu appear higher up the list and on the ribbon is not something we can support just yet. This will come.

There are other ways to work for many things though...

"No italics" for example. far better to work showing the tags and then you can more easily handle this. Alternatively use the clear formatting command in the ribbon. There is an explanation of this sort of thing for Studio 2011 here, but 2014 works similarly albeit for command is in the ribbon : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-9I

You can also make use of AutoHotkey for many things and this tool is worth a look : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-oR

And we have the OpenExchange for things like this, Quick Inserts Plugin : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-Bo

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Denise Phelps
Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul Jul 22, 2014

That makes me feel less stupid about not being able to find a way to do it. And thanks for the tips about possible workaround tools. I'll definitely have a look at them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Customising QuickInsert tags

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »