Jillian Pandor
Jillian Pandor
United States
Local time: 02:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2014

Hi All,

I am writing to ask for help with an issue I am having in Studio 2014. I have two files that I have finished translating and need to turn in ASAP and everytime I go to export them I get an error that reads: "Error al guardar el contenido de destino. The context list is null. Could not find last child."

I have NO idea what this means and would appreciate any help you can give me! I have no other projects in my list, so don't think it's an issue of system memory
... See more
Hi All,

I am writing to ask for help with an issue I am having in Studio 2014. I have two files that I have finished translating and need to turn in ASAP and everytime I go to export them I get an error that reads: "Error al guardar el contenido de destino. The context list is null. Could not find last child."

I have NO idea what this means and would appreciate any help you can give me! I have no other projects in my list, so don't think it's an issue of system memory like has happened to me other times.

Thanks so much and kind regards,
Jillian

[Edited at 2014-07-23 14:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-07-23 14:05 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:44
English
Perhaps you can try this... Jul 23, 2014

... open the files again using the single document process, pretranslate them from your TM, and then save the target file.

I guess you have run the QA checks already in case this something you need to correct in the translation first?

If this doesn't help, and if you are allowed to share the files you can send the fully translated SDLXLIFF files, and the original source files to me and we can have a go.

Rega
... See more
... open the files again using the single document process, pretranslate them from your TM, and then save the target file.

I guess you have run the QA checks already in case this something you need to correct in the translation first?

If this doesn't help, and if you are allowed to share the files you can send the fully translated SDLXLIFF files, and the original source files to me and we can have a go.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]
Collapse

Jillian Pandor
Jillian Pandor
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul! Jul 23, 2014

Thanks Paul...however this is already something that I have tried. I have tried creating a new project with the same files and filling the untranslated segments from my TM. It worked as far as translating them, but still presented the same problem when I tried to export it. I also tried with Trados 2011 Studio that I have on another laptop and no luck.

Let me check with the PM and I'll get back to you!

... See more
Thanks Paul...however this is already something that I have tried. I have tried creating a new project with the same files and filling the untranslated segments from my TM. It worked as far as translating them, but still presented the same problem when I tried to export it. I also tried with Trados 2011 Studio that I have on another laptop and no luck.

Let me check with the PM and I'll get back to you!

Thanks again so much!
Jillian
Collapse

Jillian Pandor
Jillian Pandor
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sending Files Jul 23, 2014

Hey Paul,

I'm sending you the files but they are taking an incredibly long time to upload. Sorry about that. Until what time are you available this evening? I'm crossing my fingers that my internet moves a little quicker in the next few minutes.

Thanks so much and sorry for the delay.

Kind regards,
Jillian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error in Exporting Files in Trados Studio 2014

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »