can you work on two projects at once in the sdl trados 2011?
Thread poster: Hanadi Nasser
Hanadi Nasser
Hanadi Nasser
Israel
Jul 30, 2014

Windows 7
SDL Trado Studio 2011

I just began using SDL Trados programs, and was wondering how I can save progress in editing and still be able to reopen the file in case further editing is needed; And if this is not possible, can I work on two projects at once in the sdl trados 2011 software?

Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:27
English to German
+ ...
Project view Jul 30, 2014

Working on two or more projects is no problem. Just go to Projects View (in the left sidebar), in the list of projects right-click on the project you want to work on and select Set as active project. The files belonging to this project will be listed in Files View (left sidebar), where you can right-click on any file and select Open For Translation.
In the same way you can switch back to the second project. I am not sure if you actually have to close a file before switching to another proj
... See more
Working on two or more projects is no problem. Just go to Projects View (in the left sidebar), in the list of projects right-click on the project you want to work on and select Set as active project. The files belonging to this project will be listed in Files View (left sidebar), where you can right-click on any file and select Open For Translation.
In the same way you can switch back to the second project. I am not sure if you actually have to close a file before switching to another project, but I would save and close files not belonging to the project you want to work on.
Collapse

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:27
German to Swedish
+ ...
Work on multiple documents? Jul 30, 2014

Daniel Meier wrote:

Working on two or more projects is no problem.

Can you edit two files simultaneously in different windows with both documents visible?
(This functionality appeared in the late 1980s in most applications...)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can you work on two projects at once in the sdl trados 2011?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »