Thread poster: Veronika Schmoll
Veronika Schmoll
Veronika Schmoll  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 15:31
French to German
+ ...
Aug 19, 2014

The buttons of Trados tag editor 2007 which are supposed to save a segment (set/close) or to "translate to Fuzzy" are grey and cannot be pressed. I had forgotten to close the memory of my last order when I started working. So I closed it and created a now one in the middle of the file. After that the buttons turned grey... Currently I cannot "set", just "close" a segment. If anybody has an idea how to change that please let me know!

I am looking forward to your comments!

Gordana Sujdovic
Gordana Sujdovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Serbian
+ ...
Try this way Aug 20, 2014

You should save and close file, then first open new TM you created, and re-open .ttx file; buttons should function, and then click through translated part to save it in TM. When creating TM, make sure that you tick off box Exclusive at the bottom of Workbench.

This should work. In case you get .ini file with TM, tag settings must be set first (.ini file opened/selected) to be able to open .ttx file and have all buttons functioning.

felicij
felicij  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:31
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Or just press Aug 20, 2014

"Connect to Workbench" button. It should work if the language pair matches.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Tag Editor 2007 - buttons not available

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »