Sarah Forget
Sarah Forget  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 02:17
English to French
+ ...
Aug 20, 2014

Hi there,

My colleagues and I have been getting this error for a while now. We have all reset Trados Studio a few times (as per the KB article http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4984), which is very annoying as all our projects and settings need to be reloaded. We are all using Trados Studio 2014 and now this error is coming up for each and every project we creat
... See more
Hi there,

My colleagues and I have been getting this error for a while now. We have all reset Trados Studio a few times (as per the KB article http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4984), which is very annoying as all our projects and settings need to be reloaded. We are all using Trados Studio 2014 and now this error is coming up for each and every project we create. I have installed a new version of Trados for a new colleague that just started with us and she also gets the error message.

The only way to make the message disappear is to close Trados and re-open. We are fine opening one file but when we open a new file we get the error again. We work with projects of 30 languages and this is really slowing us down and it is becoming very frustrating.

If someone as managed to solve this issue successfully I would really appreciate to know how you have done it.

Thank you very much,
Sarah
Collapse

Madeleine Chevassus
Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:17
Member (2010)
English to French
SITE LOCALIZER
for me, pb solved by KB 4984 sol 2 Aug 20, 2014

hello

I just had the problem with Studio 2014.

I could solve the problem by applying sol 2 of KB 4984, which includes a repair installation.

I tried to figure out the reason of the problem: either I introduced a corrupted file, but had no error message, or Studio was corrupted by a partial update installation (cumulative update) I interrupted, but I had no error message.

Good luck to you,

Madeleine

PS: there was recent
... See more
hello

I just had the problem with Studio 2014.

I could solve the problem by applying sol 2 of KB 4984, which includes a repair installation.

I tried to figure out the reason of the problem: either I introduced a corrupted file, but had no error message, or Studio was corrupted by a partial update installation (cumulative update) I interrupted, but I had no error message.

Good luck to you,

Madeleine

PS: there was recently a post on the same subject in the SDL Support forum

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/267034-trados_studio_2014_error_object_reference_not_set_to_an_instance_of_an_object.html#2329201
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Object reference set to an instance of an object

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »