sosu
sosu
Sweden
Local time: 15:01
Swedish to English
+ ...
Aug 20, 2014

Hello,

I am giving Trados Studio 2014 a try and have a translation completed. I tried to save it to the original file format with: Save target as F12, but I keep getting an error message:

Failed to save target content. Problem when converting to original file type.

I read online to do an error check by pressing F8, so did that and fixed those issues, but I keep getting the same error message when I try to save in the original format.

Any sugge
... See more
Hello,

I am giving Trados Studio 2014 a try and have a translation completed. I tried to save it to the original file format with: Save target as F12, but I keep getting an error message:

Failed to save target content. Problem when converting to original file type.

I read online to do an error check by pressing F8, so did that and fixed those issues, but I keep getting the same error message when I try to save in the original format.

Any suggestions? I was supposed to hand the file over this morning so have been trying to use my 2007 Trados and get that to revert to the original file type, but that gave me an error message too.

Thanks.
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:01
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Not this way Aug 20, 2014

1) In Studio: File > Advanced save > Save Source As >TRADOStag Document >OK

2) In Trados 2007: open the .ttx file, File > Save target as...

Done.

A.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 Can't convert ttx file to Excel

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »