Szymon Cegielka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:20
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Aug 20, 2014

Hello,

I am NOT using the "Add as new translation" function but always confirming segments using "Confirm and Move to next unconfirmed segment" - however whenever I change a unit for which a translation is present and then check that segment, I get presented with 2 options - both the current and previous version...
This may sound as a small matter, however the additional time it takes to check AGAIN already checked and edited segments on different projects adds up to significa
... See more
Hello,

I am NOT using the "Add as new translation" function but always confirming segments using "Confirm and Move to next unconfirmed segment" - however whenever I change a unit for which a translation is present and then check that segment, I get presented with 2 options - both the current and previous version...
This may sound as a small matter, however the additional time it takes to check AGAIN already checked and edited segments on different projects adds up to significant amounts of time wasted...
How can I avoid adding edits as new translation units instead of the present one being updated?
Collapse

Luca Tutino

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 15:20
English to Spanish
Default Behavior Aug 21, 2014

What you want (a single TM entry after confirmation) is actually the default behavior, so you must have a different setting in place. Perhaps you're using more than one TM, and for some reason only one of those is now being updated? (so you're getting older hits from a TM that is read-only).

If that's not the case, and if you didn't customize the settings too much, I'd just reset the default values for the config (both for the project and Trados itself).

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
not in my case Oct 3, 2017

Both 2014 and 2017 seem to keep adding multiple translations whenever I hit my shortcut for "Confirm and move to next unconfirmed". This is slowing me down immensely!

NB I have just upgraded to 2017 and did not customize anything.

Rossana Triaca wrote:

What you want (a single TM entry after confirmation) is actually the default behavior, so you must have a different setting in place. Perhaps you're using more than one TM, and for some reason only one of those is now being updated? (so you're getting older hits from a TM that is read-only).

If that's not the case, and if you didn't customize the settings too much, I'd just reset the default values for the config (both for the project and Trados itself).

[Edited at 2017-10-03 22:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disable "Multiple translations for identical source" - Studio 2014

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »