SDL 2011 Problems with creating a project (.idml file)
Thread poster: LoG
LoG
LoG
Germany
Local time: 14:38
German to French
+ ...
Aug 21, 2014

Hello there,
I appear to have a problem with creating a project on basis of an .idml-file (created with CS5; not that big, about 2 MB).
When creating the project, the process stops at a certain point (differs from PC to PC when exactly). The analysis can’t be created, and neither the project TM/project file. Yet the sdlxliff-files are created, and can be opened individually. But when I’m trying to get them pre-translated (which also should have happened when creating the project
... See more
Hello there,
I appear to have a problem with creating a project on basis of an .idml-file (created with CS5; not that big, about 2 MB).
When creating the project, the process stops at a certain point (differs from PC to PC when exactly). The analysis can’t be created, and neither the project TM/project file. Yet the sdlxliff-files are created, and can be opened individually. But when I’m trying to get them pre-translated (which also should have happened when creating the project), it stops again at about 90%.

Does anyone have an idea, what a possible solution could be?
Unfortunately there’s nothing like an error message. There’s just nothing happening anymore from a certain point on and Trados has to be shut down via task manager eventually.

I hope I mentioned all important things...

Many thanks in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2011 Problems with creating a project (.idml file)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »