Thread poster: Michael Grant
Michael Grant
Michael Grant
United States
Local time: 10:24
German to English
+ ...
Aug 26, 2014

I'm new to Trados (Studio 2014) and hardly know where to start troubleshooting. Right now I've got a half-translated document open and I'm looking at a segment that differs from one a few lines up only in the text color, yet Studio is not showing a match. The Enabled, Lookup, Concordance and Update boxes for the TM are all checked in the project settings. Any ideas why I'm not getting a match?

Mucho thanko in advance!

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:24
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Troubleshooting Aug 27, 2014

You might like to read a couple of blog posts I wrote, one on TMs not updating:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/02/27/update-tm/

and another on translating your first file in Studio:
... See more
You might like to read a couple of blog posts I wrote, one on TMs not updating:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/02/27/update-tm/

and another on translating your first file in Studio:

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2014/01/01/first_file/
Collapse

Michael Grant
Michael Grant
United States
Local time: 10:24
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks — but what if I *want* non-final segments in my TM? Aug 27, 2014

Thanks, these were unconfirmed segments. Is there not a way to have a segment saved to the TM, but also marked to revisit before finishing the job? (Or rather, to mark segments that don't need to be revisited and can be skipped during review?) After all, a match that I may still want to edit later is still more useful than no match at all.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:24
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Marking segments Aug 27, 2014

You could "mark" segments in several ways:

1. If you just want to re-visit a few segments, add a comment to them (shortcut: Ctrl+shift+N) and then filter by segments "with comments".

2. If you want to re-visit most segments, then it would be quicker to lock the others (shortcut: Ctrl+L) and then filter by "unlocked" segments.

3. After confirming each segment as you go (to get each segment in your TM), you could then change the segment status to draft (right
... See more
You could "mark" segments in several ways:

1. If you just want to re-visit a few segments, add a comment to them (shortcut: Ctrl+shift+N) and then filter by segments "with comments".

2. If you want to re-visit most segments, then it would be quicker to lock the others (shortcut: Ctrl+L) and then filter by "unlocked" segments.

3. After confirming each segment as you go (to get each segment in your TM), you could then change the segment status to draft (right click the segment, select "change segment status", choose "draft"). Then filter by "draft" segments.

Hope one of these methods suits your workflow!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Troubleshooting: match from same doc not found

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »