Nil Ramos
Nil Ramos
Malta
Local time: 20:34
French to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 1, 2014

Hello,
I'm translating a document with thousands of segments containing numbers in tables.

They are of this format: 1.234,56 or 1.000 or 11,11 and I want them to remain in that format, but Studio is changing them all to 1.234.56 or 1,234.56 or 1,000 or 11.11 !

How can i stop Studio from doing this?
Sometimes i correct it and try Auto-propagate, but afterwards it gets all messed-up again.
I just want it to retain the numbers in their original formatting
... See more
Hello,
I'm translating a document with thousands of segments containing numbers in tables.

They are of this format: 1.234,56 or 1.000 or 11,11 and I want them to remain in that format, but Studio is changing them all to 1.234.56 or 1,234.56 or 1,000 or 11.11 !

How can i stop Studio from doing this?
Sometimes i correct it and try Auto-propagate, but afterwards it gets all messed-up again.
I just want it to retain the numbers in their original formatting.

Many thanks for your help,
Nil
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:34
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Number settings Sep 1, 2014

Studio recognises numbers and localises them if you've got "recognize numbers" ticked.

To change this, go to file>Options>Language pairs>Translation Memory and Automated Translation>[select a TM]>click settings>Fields and Settings.

You'll have to re-create your project for this to take effect.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I don't want Studio to change the number format

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »