Thread poster: Colin Smith
Colin Smith
Colin Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:20
French to English
+ ...
Sep 1, 2014

I am posting this here as the contact form on Solution Finder is not working and SDL claim to monitor this forum, so here goes:

Computer: Toshiba Satellite Pro 600gb HD 8gb RAM, Windows 8.1

On installing Studio 2014 Freelance (full version, not upgrade) I get the following error messages:

"Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the package did not terminate as expected. Contact your support personnel or
... See more
I am posting this here as the contact form on Solution Finder is not working and SDL claim to monitor this forum, so here goes:

Computer: Toshiba Satellite Pro 600gb HD 8gb RAM, Windows 8.1

On installing Studio 2014 Freelance (full version, not upgrade) I get the following error messages:

"Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the package did not terminate as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor" (I wish I could!)

and then:

"Setup did not complete. The error is: Package Microsoft Web Services Enhancements 2.0 SP3 could not be installed. Error no 1603".

I have followed all the suggestions - deactivated antivirus, switched off UAC and so on.

Can anyone help please. I already returned a licence to SDL last year for insoluble installation/operational issues but my customers are now forcing me to buy Studio 2014. I still have to use Trados Freelance 7 on my PC for some projects and 2014 is supposed to be compatible with these old versions.

Thanks,

Colin
Collapse

ghislandi
ghislandi  Identity Verified
English to Italian
Help Sep 1, 2014

Dear Colin,
I am checking with our team and I will try to get back to you.
Kind regards
massi

ghislandi
ghislandi  Identity Verified
English to Italian
Info Sep 1, 2014

Dear Colin
Have you tried this article?
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5205
If you can not access the KB - see below the copied text from it.

Check that all the prerequisites are available on your computer and install any missing components: [Click here for more information][Hide information about the prerequisites]

NOTE: Open the Dependencie
... See more
Dear Colin
Have you tried this article?
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=5205
If you can not access the KB - see below the copied text from it.

Check that all the prerequisites are available on your computer and install any missing components: [Click here for more information][Hide information about the prerequisites]

NOTE: Open the Dependencies folder. By default this folder is available in: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\Dependencies

Prerequisites for Studio 2014 SP1/MultiTerm 2014 SP1:

2008_SP1_vcredist_x86.exe

2010_vcredist_x86.exe

o2003PIA.msi (depends on your Office version)

o2007PIA.msi (depends on your Office version)

OpenXMLSDKv2.msi

Microsoft WSE 2.0 SP3 Runtime.msi

jre-8-windows-i586.exe

Install the main components of Studio/MultiTerm:

All separate installes are available in the Modules folder:

Studio 2014 SP1: C:ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\SDLTradosStudio2014_SP1\modules:
TranslationStudio3.msi
TradosCompatibility2.msi

MultiTerm 2014 SP1: C:ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\SDLMultiTerm2014_SP1\modules:
MTAdministrator11.msi (SDL MultiTerm Administrator)
MTConvert11.msi (SDL MultiTerm Convert)
MTCore11.msi(SDL MultiTerm Core Components)
MTStudio11.msi (SDL MultiTerm Desktop)
MTWidget11.msi (SDL MultiTerm Widget)
MTWordIntegration11.msi (SDL MultiTerm Word integration)

After installing all prerequisites and the main components, Studio 2014 SP1 and/or MultiTerm 2014 SP1 should work correctly on your computer.
Collapse

Colin Smith
Colin Smith
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Sep 1, 2014

Thanks Ghislandi will try that

Colin

Colin Smith
Colin Smith
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hummm... Sep 1, 2014

Hi Ghislandi,

I don't have a folder called C:\ProgramData....

I have Program Files and Program Files (x86), as usual.

Colin

Colin Smith
Colin Smith
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Sep 1, 2014

Sorry, I am unable to find any of those files, can you help please?

Colin Smith
Colin Smith
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found it... Sep 1, 2014

....it was a hidden folder.

Have done as described, but the installation of Microsoft WSE 2.0 still crashes and generates the same error message. Anyway, the installation went ahead and it looks to be working OK so far. The only problem seems to be that I can't preview a document, "because of the version of Word you are running". But I am running Office 2013 so that shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Thanks

Colin

SDL_Mihaela
SDL_Mihaela
Romania
office 2013 preview Sep 2, 2014

Hi Colin,

Emma explains in this post why you may have problems with the preview in Office 2013 - http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/274096-trados_2014_preview_fail.html

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Mihaela

Colin Smith
Colin Smith
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Office 2013 Sep 2, 2014

Thanks Mihaela - isn't that a bit of a failure, given that MS Word has been the "partner" word processor of Trados since day 1. Is there not a fix for it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 installation error

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »