Thread poster: Kaarina
Kaarina
Kaarina  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:18
French to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2014

I have received a project with several .idml files. They all have both EN and FR text in them. I am only supposed to translate the FR text. The EN texts in the files are in italics. The client wants SV EN bilingual files back.

My question is: I want to insert the EN source text into the corresponding target segments. Is it possible to do this automatically considering that all the EN text is in itallics? If yes, how?

And for your info I use studio 2011.

I
... See more
I have received a project with several .idml files. They all have both EN and FR text in them. I am only supposed to translate the FR text. The EN texts in the files are in italics. The client wants SV EN bilingual files back.

My question is: I want to insert the EN source text into the corresponding target segments. Is it possible to do this automatically considering that all the EN text is in itallics? If yes, how?

And for your info I use studio 2011.

In advance Thanks
Kaarina
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:18
English
Not possible automaticallly Sep 18, 2014

Hi Kaarina,

I saw your email, and after looking at the files I can't think of a way to automate this based on the language or the fact it's in italics. Perhaps you just do this:

1. Translate the FR segments
2. Use Ctrl+Ins for each EN segment

Not automated, but not too difficult as you can at least see the italic segments.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual source files in SDL Trados 2011

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »