Thread poster: Thor Henrik Braarvig
Thor Henrik Braarvig
Thor Henrik Braarvig  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:54
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Sep 30, 2014

I get the "out of memory" error when I'm working on bigger projects, even though it should have been gone in 2014 according to the release notes.

It's really annoying. Yesterday I lost an hour of proof reading work when I was trying to meet a tight dead line.

The biggest problem is this. The "out of memory" error only shows up when I manually try to save. The autosave function in Studio 2014 just doesn't work (without telling me / showing any errors). Yesterday when I t
... See more
I get the "out of memory" error when I'm working on bigger projects, even though it should have been gone in 2014 according to the release notes.

It's really annoying. Yesterday I lost an hour of proof reading work when I was trying to meet a tight dead line.

The biggest problem is this. The "out of memory" error only shows up when I manually try to save. The autosave function in Studio 2014 just doesn't work (without telling me / showing any errors). Yesterday when I tried to save and got this error, there was no way for me to know how much work was lost, because there's no way I can know for how long autosave wasn't working. I just had to restart Studio and hope for the best, which wasn't very good at all.

Does anybody know a solution for this? Is Trados working on an update which will fix this?

My system:
- Macbook with 2,26 GHz Intel Core Duo
- 8 GB Ram (3,5 GB assigned to the Parallels VM I'm running Studio 2014 on)

Best regards,
Thor
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:54
English
Apart from the... Oct 2, 2014

... smaller RAM you have assigned to Windows and Studio I don't really know. Perhaps the best thing to do is log a support case so an Engineer can take a look.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and no
... See more
... smaller RAM you have assigned to Windows and Studio I don't really know. Perhaps the best thing to do is log a support case so an Engineer can take a look.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Out of memory issue - Trados Studio 2014

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »