Problem with server on SDL MultiTerm
Thread poster: Jack Ward
Jack Ward
Jack Ward  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
Oct 1, 2014

Hi all,

When attempting to create a termbase on my new SDL MultiTerm software, I find that I fall at the first hurdle: when I click on 'create new termbase', I am given the following error message:

'Method not found. SDL.Multi Term.Client.Connectors.Server Privilege ...' I can't get past this obstruction, try as I might.

Has anyone else encountered this problem themselves, and, if so, how did you manage to extricate yourself from the problem?

... See more
Hi all,

When attempting to create a termbase on my new SDL MultiTerm software, I find that I fall at the first hurdle: when I click on 'create new termbase', I am given the following error message:

'Method not found. SDL.Multi Term.Client.Connectors.Server Privilege ...' I can't get past this obstruction, try as I might.

Has anyone else encountered this problem themselves, and, if so, how did you manage to extricate yourself from the problem?

Kind regards,

Jack
Collapse

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
Local time: 14:24
English to Spanish
Admin privileges Oct 2, 2014

Try opening Multiterm as administrator (right click on the icon and choose Open as administrator). It might be a problem related to user privileges.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:24
English
This could also be related... Oct 2, 2014

... to version differences. So if you had a previous version of MultiTerm with a latter version of Studio. It always helps to provide information relating to the versions of software you are using as it's easier to point you ion the right direction.

If you have all 2014 latest versions then admin rights could be the problem. Installing as admin often resolves these type of problems. But if you can't fix it please log a support ca
... See more
... to version differences. So if you had a previous version of MultiTerm with a latter version of Studio. It always helps to provide information relating to the versions of software you are using as it's easier to point you ion the right direction.

If you have all 2014 latest versions then admin rights could be the problem. Installing as admin often resolves these type of problems. But if you can't fix it please log a support case. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Jack Ward
Jack Ward  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the help Oct 2, 2014

Thanks for the help, guys.

In the end, I deleted the software from my computer and re-installed it, and it worked.

I'm using the 2014 version, Paul. I'll make sure to be more specific on future posts.

Kind regards,

Jack

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with server on SDL MultiTerm

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »