Chiara Ziliani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:26
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 15, 2014

Hi!

I need to create a project to translate many small files that are organized in different folders and subfolders.
When I used SDLX, I used to select the main folder containing all my source file, select "look in subfolders" and the software automatically glued all the files together. After translation, it unglued the files putting them back to the folder they were take from, AUTOMATICALLY.

Trados 2011 can merge files but, when saving target as.., if you had sel
... See more
Hi!

I need to create a project to translate many small files that are organized in different folders and subfolders.
When I used SDLX, I used to select the main folder containing all my source file, select "look in subfolders" and the software automatically glued all the files together. After translation, it unglued the files putting them back to the folder they were take from, AUTOMATICALLY.

Trados 2011 can merge files but, when saving target as.., if you had selected files that are in different folders and subfolders, it doesn't put them back to their original folders automatically. It prompts you for saving destination, for each single file.

Imagine I have 200 file, and I don't now by heart which folder they were located in... Isn't it strange I have to do it manually??

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Chiara
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Instead of using Save Target As... Oct 15, 2014

... which is intended for single files, use Generate Target Translations under Project -> Batch Tasks. The original folder structure will be preserved with all the target translations irrespective of whether you merge the files or not.

There's a short article here that mi
... See more
... which is intended for single files, use Generate Target Translations under Project -> Batch Tasks. The original folder structure will be preserved with all the target translations irrespective of whether you merge the files or not.

There's a short article here that might be useful too : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-pb

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Chiara Ziliani
Chiara Ziliani  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2014)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, it works! Oct 20, 2014

Thank you very much!

Chiara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get SDLX's glue files function in Trados 2011

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »