Trados 2007 & Trados Studio 2011 Compabilty with Office 365 help please
Thread poster: Les Worrall
Les Worrall
Les Worrall
United Kingdom
Oct 21, 2014

I wonder if anybody can help me, please.
My wife, who is a freelance translator, is currently using Trados 2007 and Trados Studio 2011 on a PC with Windows 7 as the operating system and using Office 2007. Everything works fine.

I plan to upgrade her to Office 365, but remain with Windows 7.

Before I do this, I would like to know if Trados 7 & Trados Studio 2011 are compatible with Office 365 or will my wife run into problems.

If there are issues or pr
... See more
I wonder if anybody can help me, please.
My wife, who is a freelance translator, is currently using Trados 2007 and Trados Studio 2011 on a PC with Windows 7 as the operating system and using Office 2007. Everything works fine.

I plan to upgrade her to Office 365, but remain with Windows 7.

Before I do this, I would like to know if Trados 7 & Trados Studio 2011 are compatible with Office 365 or will my wife run into problems.

If there are issues or problems, then I would prefer to leave her on Office 2007.

Can anybody help please?

Many thanks.

[Edited at 2014-10-21 11:31 GMT]
Collapse

Ana Vozone
Ana Vozone  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:06
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hope this helps - Change can be a nightmare Oct 21, 2014

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/243061-studio_+_office... See more
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/243061-studio_+_office_365.html

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/252376-compatability_trados_2011_with_microsoft_office_2010_vs_2013.html
Collapse

Les Worrall
Les Worrall
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2007 and Office 365 compatabilty. Oct 24, 2014

Hi Ana
Thanks for that info. There are a few questions I have in relation to how my wife works with Trados 2007 and Word and compatibility.

If she gets a client that wants her to use Trados 2007 and wants an Unclean or Clean translation in word, she does the following.

She opens Trados 2007 and uses the memory part of the tool.

She then opens a word document in word 2007 and saves the word document as a *.DOC file.

She then works with Trados and Word both open and does the translation from English to Dutch, which works fine so long as it is a *.doc file.

When she finishes, she then creates her own clean document and does a spellcheck on the Dutch translation to make sure there aren't any spelling errors.

She will then go back to the unclean document and makes any corrections there, which doesn't take too long. and updates the memory in Trados.

She is then able to send the client an unclean word document with the English and Dutch in it or the Clean version, with just the Dutch translation.

Bearing in mind, that my wife in the above example does the spell check in word, then if I leave my wife on Windows 7 and upgrade her from Office 2007 to Office 365, which I have the licence for, will there actually be any compatibility issues?

So she would still open Trados 2007 and open Word 365 and save as a *.doc file.

Surely Trados 2007 and Word 365 should be compatible as long as the word document is created as a *.doc file.

Once the translation is completed, she would use the Dutch 365 language pack to do a spell check on the clean word document and then she can go back and correct the unclean file and that should update the Trados memory.

She then sends either the Unclean word document or the Clean word document as a *.doc file

Do you see any problems with that?

Thanks

[Edited at 2014-10-24 16:19 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 & Trados Studio 2011 Compabilty with Office 365 help please

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »