Eva Paz (X)
Eva Paz (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 22, 2014

Dear all,

I have been using Trados 2014 Freelance for some months for translations into Spanish from English, French and Portuguese, my working languages.

As I want to expand my activity to Project Management I need to be able to manage TM and alignments in other languages, and Trados doesn't offer me this possibility ! I can only choose among my 4 language combinations and I can't find a way to do it.

Anyone could help?

Thanks in advance

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Adding language pairs in SDL Studio 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Hi Eva,

When you open SDL Trados Studio 2014 click the File tab on the ribbon and click on options.

Expand the Language Pairs node to see what languages are already set up. If you need to add another language pair click on "Language Pairs" in the tree list and on the right hand side of the Options window you will see your language pairs listed and at the bottom of the pane you need to click on the "Add..." button to get a further dialogue box where you can pick the sour
... See more
Hi Eva,

When you open SDL Trados Studio 2014 click the File tab on the ribbon and click on options.

Expand the Language Pairs node to see what languages are already set up. If you need to add another language pair click on "Language Pairs" in the tree list and on the right hand side of the Options window you will see your language pairs listed and at the bottom of the pane you need to click on the "Add..." button to get a further dialogue box where you can pick the source and target languages that you want and you are not restricted to the five languages you first selected, you have the full list of all languages with all of their variants.

After that you need to check your TM settings for each language pair by expanding your language pair node, then the Translation Memory and Automated Translation node and check each of the items listed thereunder to see that they are correct, paying particular attention to Dates and Times in Auto-substitution. Click on the node name "Auto-substitution" and see that all of the automatic-substitutions that you want to use have a tick mark in their box, usually by default they are all ticked.

If you need more information look in the Help for "auto-substitution" and "auto-localization".

I would also check each of your project templates to see that they are not over riding the settings made here and restart Trados to implement the changes.

HTH.

Ben
Collapse

Eva Paz (X)
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Adding languages in TRADOS 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Thanks a lot Ben! I'll try this

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 22:37
Languages in Studio 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Hi Eva,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Studio 2014 freelance licenses are indeed restricted to 5 languages per installation and do not have Project Management capability you would require.
As a project manager I would suggest looking at the professional version.
The following link describes in detail the functionality and indeed the restrictions of each version-<
... See more
Hi Eva,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

Studio 2014 freelance licenses are indeed restricted to 5 languages per installation and do not have Project Management capability you would require.
As a project manager I would suggest looking at the professional version.
The following link describes in detail the functionality and indeed the restrictions of each version-

http://kb.sdl.com/?tab=sf#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4939

With Studio 2014 professional you are able to manage all languages, create project packages, use Perfect match create and much much more.

We would be more than happy to provide you with a full functional trial to see if this would meet your needs.

If so simply contact us directly on Live Chat (bit.ly/SDLChat) and we can help you further.

Kind regards

Guillaume
Collapse

Eva Paz (X)
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Adding languages in TRADOS 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Thanks a lot Guillame,
I will do
Eva

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding languages in TRADOS 2014

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »