John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:21
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 24, 2014

I completed a large project in SDL Studio 2011 (which I only use for this client) but after making the final corrections I find the TM hasn't updated with the corrections. The "Update" box is checked and I even tried creating a new blank TM for this job. I tried Update Main and Project Translation Memories, both without success. But when I do that I get an error message for each segment: "The translation memory cannot import the translation unit because the translation memory does not have a... See more
I completed a large project in SDL Studio 2011 (which I only use for this client) but after making the final corrections I find the TM hasn't updated with the corrections. The "Update" box is checked and I even tried creating a new blank TM for this job. I tried Update Main and Project Translation Memories, both without success. But when I do that I get an error message for each segment: "The translation memory cannot import the translation unit because the translation memory does not have a field corresponding to a field in the translation unit." I don't see any explanation for this and I don't understand it because the TM was updating properly until I made the final corrections to the text after proofreading. I haven't done anything to the translation units or the TM.

Can anyone explain how I can get the TMs to update?
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:21
English
I have never come across... Oct 24, 2014

... this error before. But there is a good explanation here from George Cook about why this might happen:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/275884-warning_error_when_updating_a_tm.html#2349959

Perhaps this will help. But if not, perhaps the answer is to just import the sdlxliff into your TM directly in
... See more
... this error before. But there is a good explanation here from George Cook about why this might happen:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/275884-warning_error_when_updating_a_tm.html#2349959

Perhaps this will help. But if not, perhaps the answer is to just import the sdlxliff into your TM directly instead, to get over this issue for now.

If you, or anyone else, can help me to reproduce it then I'll take it into support so we can determine the reason and try to get it fixed.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM not updating

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »