Studio 2014 - ADD FILES button greyed out
Thread poster: Eylenn
Eylenn
Eylenn
Local time: 06:58
English to French
Oct 24, 2014

I open an existing project. (Home > Open Project)
I go to the Files view.
There is only one file in this project, I see the file.
I select the source language in the top left menu (under the word FILES), switch it to the project source language.
I right-click the file. The ADD FILES selection is greyed out.
In the top ribbon, in FILE ACTIONS, the ADD FILES button is also greyed out.

What am I doing wrong?

Using:
Windows 7
Studio
... See more
I open an existing project. (Home > Open Project)
I go to the Files view.
There is only one file in this project, I see the file.
I select the source language in the top left menu (under the word FILES), switch it to the project source language.
I right-click the file. The ADD FILES selection is greyed out.
In the top ribbon, in FILE ACTIONS, the ADD FILES button is also greyed out.

What am I doing wrong?

Using:
Windows 7
Studio Freelance 11.1.4095.0

Thank you.

Hélène Dion
Blainville, Québec
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:58
English
It sounds as though... Oct 25, 2014

... you created a single file project in the first place. These projects are "special" projects that are created by using the "Translate Single Document" approach. If you wish to work with multiple files you have to create what's known as a "Standard Project" using the wizard. This can also be one file, but one complete you can add as many more files to this kind of project as you like.

The "Single file project" is just a quick way to translate one file for people who like to wor
... See more
... you created a single file project in the first place. These projects are "special" projects that are created by using the "Translate Single Document" approach. If you wish to work with multiple files you have to create what's known as a "Standard Project" using the wizard. This can also be one file, but one complete you can add as many more files to this kind of project as you like.

The "Single file project" is just a quick way to translate one file for people who like to work this way. There is an article here by Emma Goldsmith that might be useful for you.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Eylenn
Eylenn
Local time: 06:58
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
ADD FILES button now works Oct 26, 2014

Thank you, Paul, that answered my question perfectly and helped me solve my problem.

I re-created the project, in the usual "create a project" way, added the initial file and the others. The client told me to expect several new files to add to these. Thanks to your help, I'll be ready.

Hélène D., Blainville, Québec

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 - ADD FILES button greyed out

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »