CTRL+Enter not working for multiple files in Studio 2014
Thread poster: Jana Uhlik
Jana Uhlik
Jana Uhlik  Identity Verified
Belize
Local time: 20:04
English to German
Oct 27, 2014

It works for single files, but not for multiple files. I cannot find anything to help me here, I checked the User Profile and it is fine, of course. As these multiple files have a lot of reps, it really makes no sense to do them one by one, I would really like to use the multiple file option. Can anyone help?

Jean-Paul Salaün (X)
Jean-Paul Salaün (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:04
English to French
CTRL+Enter not working for multiple files in Studio 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Hi Jana,

did you try to create a new project in which you will be able to add all the files you want?

JP.

Jana Uhlik
Belize
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
CTRL+Enter not working for multiple files in Studio 2014 Oct 28, 2014

No, I hadn't thought of that, but why would that make a difference? I am little hesitant to do it as I don't want to mess up the clients nestled structure ... I should have added that this just occurred recently, I used to be able to do that without problems with other projects. Could it be a Java update that is messing with it? But you know what, I will try to make a new project and see if that works. I should be able to copy the translated files into the clients project again, right? I have ne... See more
No, I hadn't thought of that, but why would that make a difference? I am little hesitant to do it as I don't want to mess up the clients nestled structure ... I should have added that this just occurred recently, I used to be able to do that without problems with other projects. Could it be a Java update that is messing with it? But you know what, I will try to make a new project and see if that works. I should be able to copy the translated files into the clients project again, right? I have never done that. Thanks for the tip!Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:04
English
It makes a difference.... Oct 28, 2014

... because if you use the "Translate Single File" process then you can only add one file at a time. So you need to create a Project, add all your files, and if they are not too large so the view becomes unworkable you can autopropagate all the files evvery time you press Ctrl+Enter. So thhey need to be open in the Editor for Ctrl+Enter to work across all files.

You could also do this. Finish the first file, and then before starting the next one pretranslate it from your TM. Thi
... See more
... because if you use the "Translate Single File" process then you can only add one file at a time. So you need to create a Project, add all your files, and if they are not too large so the view becomes unworkable you can autopropagate all the files evvery time you press Ctrl+Enter. So thhey need to be open in the Editor for Ctrl+Enter to work across all files.

You could also do this. Finish the first file, and then before starting the next one pretranslate it from your TM. This will also populate the file with the work you already confirmed.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Eileen Cartoon
Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:04
Italian to English
I have had something similar Oct 28, 2014

Not really that it didn't work, but when I merged the multiple files it was so heavy that it took me forever to autopropagate each time. So what I did was translate a single file (not merged) and then opened the whole lot in review mode to review the first file - which then autopropagated to the others. Then I closed review, and opened the next single file translated it and then, in review mode merged all files except the first one (what had already been reviewed). And so on...

It m
... See more
Not really that it didn't work, but when I merged the multiple files it was so heavy that it took me forever to autopropagate each time. So what I did was translate a single file (not merged) and then opened the whole lot in review mode to review the first file - which then autopropagated to the others. Then I closed review, and opened the next single file translated it and then, in review mode merged all files except the first one (what had already been reviewed). And so on...

It made the procedure much faster and I didn't waste time autopropagating things I would be reviewing (and probably modifying somewhat) later.

Eileen
Collapse

Jana Uhlik
Belize
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
CTRL+Enter now works fine when opening multiple fines at the same time. Oct 31, 2014

Thank you everybody. For some reason it worked today without any intervention. I have no idea why it did not work the other day, I had not made any changes. I had opened the clients project with multiple files, not a single file, so it should have worked all the time. Thanks for trying to help, maybe this thread helps someone else with a similar problem!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CTRL+Enter not working for multiple files in Studio 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »