Thread poster: Robert Rietvelt
Isabelle Verpeaux
Isabelle Verpeaux  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 14:34
English to French
Several bugs, of which the "jumping" in the editor Jul 23, 2015

Hello,

In the French version of Studio, whenever I try to edit a segment containing an apostrophy, the cursor jumps to the the left of the apostrophy. French language being full of those, it is a real nightmare.

It was also impossible to display and open all the files of a package containing sub-folders, no matter what. I had to process the package in Studio 2014.

Obviously, "time to market-and-make-money" prevailed any respect for the end user.

... See more
Hello,

In the French version of Studio, whenever I try to edit a segment containing an apostrophy, the cursor jumps to the the left of the apostrophy. French language being full of those, it is a real nightmare.

It was also impossible to display and open all the files of a package containing sub-folders, no matter what. I had to process the package in Studio 2014.

Obviously, "time to market-and-make-money" prevailed any respect for the end user.

I hope patches shall soon solve the problems.

Isabelle
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:34
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
AutoCorrect Jul 23, 2015

isabelle_trad wrote:

In the French version of Studio, whenever I try to edit a segment containing an apostrophy, the cursor jumps to the the left of the apostrophy.

Until this bug is solved, the workaround is to switch off "Replace straight quotes with curly quotes" in AutoCorrect (File tab>Options>Editor>AutoCorrect).

Marco Fiemozzi
Marco Fiemozzi  Identity Verified
France
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Jul 24, 2015

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Marco Fiemozzi wrote:

When I bought Studio 14 FL, I got AutoSuggest Creator for free and I love it.
Does anybody know if I will still have this function if I upgrade to Studio 2015 FL?

Yes, you will be able to keep your Autosuggest license from one version to the next.

[Edited at 2015-07-22 19:57 GMT]

Many thanks for your answer Emma!

Alina Barrow
Alina Barrow
France
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Studio 2015 install problem Jul 29, 2015

I tried to install Trados Studio 2015 without success.
I received an error message; Package 'Suite repair utility' could not be installed. Error number: -1. I followed the workarounds from Trados support, uninstalled Studio 2014 (which I am very happy with), rebooted my machine ( Windows 8.1, 8 Gb RAM, dual core processor, 64 bit architecture), but all to no avail and I wasted a couple hours of my time and my youth.
SDL also states:NOTE: In rare cases, even if you uninstall the SDL
... See more
I tried to install Trados Studio 2015 without success.
I received an error message; Package 'Suite repair utility' could not be installed. Error number: -1. I followed the workarounds from Trados support, uninstalled Studio 2014 (which I am very happy with), rebooted my machine ( Windows 8.1, 8 Gb RAM, dual core processor, 64 bit architecture), but all to no avail and I wasted a couple hours of my time and my youth.
SDL also states:NOTE: In rare cases, even if you uninstall the SDL Trados Studio 2014 from your system, you might encounter the issue described in the Symptoms section.

But no solution for this problem. The page suggests: Problem persists?

If you have a valid Support and Maintenance contract: log into your "My SDL" Account and log a support request via Support & Education > Support.
If you do not have a Support and Maintenance contract: log your request via the Solution Finder for Licensing Problems on http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf.

Well, I don't need support for a supposedly brand new a SDL Trados 2015 software application. I just want to buy and install it WITHOUT any problems. i do not have time to mess about with install bugs. i had to go into REGEDIT to dump every reference to SDL Studio 2015 before Studio 2014 would install - which is now working OK.

Has anyone got an answer for this 2015 install problem?
Collapse

Henning Holthusen
Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 22:34
English to German
+ ...
Cursor jumps around sometimes Jul 29, 2015

I also have problem where the cursor jumps around sometimes. It's always back, I think. Very annoying and very dangerous.

Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:34
English to German
Loosing SDL Cloud and or MT suggestions? Jul 29, 2015

The above MT suggestions have gone lost a few time, now I had a message that SDL Cloud is not permitted. There doesn't seem to be Auto-Suggest either, just the Termbase.

How do I fix that?

[Edited at 2015-07-29 16:33 GMT]

Marilia Sette Câmara
Marilia Sette Câmara
France
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Cursor bug on Trados 2015 Nov 21, 2016

About the bug reported on Trados 2015, when the cursor jumps to a previous point, I've found (after much struggle) that changing the settings in AutoCorrect (Options>Editor>AutoCorrect) does solve the problem. In my case, the cursor was jumping back to quotes in the segment as the tool replaced "straight" ones with "smart" ones. The problem was solved by unchecking this option. Some people have reported this problem with single quotes/acute accents, I figure a similar option may be available for... See more
About the bug reported on Trados 2015, when the cursor jumps to a previous point, I've found (after much struggle) that changing the settings in AutoCorrect (Options>Editor>AutoCorrect) does solve the problem. In my case, the cursor was jumping back to quotes in the segment as the tool replaced "straight" ones with "smart" ones. The problem was solved by unchecking this option. Some people have reported this problem with single quotes/acute accents, I figure a similar option may be available for different language pairs/versions (mine is the English one). It has saved me a lot of time, I hope it helps!Collapse

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:34
English to Spanish
... Nov 21, 2016

Marilia Sette Camara wrote:

About the bug reported on Trados 2015, when the cursor jumps to a previous point, I've found (after much struggle) that changing the settings in AutoCorrect (Options>Editor>AutoCorrect) does solve the problem. In my case, the cursor was jumping back to quotes in the segment as the tool replaced "straight" ones with "smart" ones. The problem was solved by unchecking this option. Some people have reported this problem with single quotes/acute accents, I figure a similar option may be available for different language pairs/versions (mine is the English one). It has saved me a lot of time, I hope it helps!

This workaround was explained by Emma, just a few posts above:
Emma Goldsmith wrote:

AutoCorrect

isabelle_trad wrote:

In the French version of Studio, whenever I try to edit a segment containing an apostrophy, the cursor jumps to the the left of the apostrophy.

Until this bug is solved, the workaround is to switch off "Replace straight quotes with curly quotes" in AutoCorrect (File tab>Options>Editor>AutoCorrect).

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »