SDL Language Cloud Activation
Thread poster: Tradeus Stevens
Tradeus Stevens
Tradeus Stevens
United States
French to English
Oct 31, 2014

Hello all,

My trial version of SDL language Cloud just ran out and I'm having trouble getting the free version to activate. My online SDL account says that it's activated/updated and everything's good to go but Trados is still giving me an error message even after I've checked my project settings in editor and project views and restarted the program several times.

Anyone have similar problems or know what could be at the root of this?

Thanks in advance.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:30
English
What error message... Oct 31, 2014

... are you getting?

Regards

Paul

Tradeus Stevens
Tradeus Stevens
United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Error Message Oct 31, 2014

The first part's in French, but something to the effect of "An error has occurred while using translation provider SDL Language Cloud. The input BCM JSON should not be null. Parameter name: InputBcmJson."

Thank you in advance for your help,

Brian

Tradeus Stevens
Tradeus Stevens
United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found Oct 31, 2014

So by turning dictionaries off in Language Cloud settings, I was able to access the free version.

If it interests anybody, I've deduced that the industry-specific search engines were doing the most to accelerate things, as such I've opted for the "advanced" paid version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Language Cloud Activation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »