Kasia Platkowska
Spain
Local time: 00:52
Member (2005)
Spanish to Polish
+ ...
Nov 17, 2014

Hello!

I tried to obtain a DETAILED wordcount in Trados 2014, with 25%, 70%, 90%, etc. matches, as in previous versions, but I only managed to obtain a "general" information: total wordcount, number of characters, recognized tokens, etc., but without the detailed porcentage. Is it possible to obtain a DETAILED wordcount in this (2014) Trados version?

Thank you in advance,

Kasia PLatkowska

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:52
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Reports tab? Nov 17, 2014

Kasia Platkowska wrote:
I tried to obtain a DETAILED wordcount in Trados 2014, with 25%, 70%, 90%, etc. matches, as in previous versions

In my version of Studio 2014 clicking on the Reports tab or button in the bottom left of the screen like this...

...pops up the Analyze Files Report which seems to have most of that data.

Is that what you are looking for, or do you need more detail again?

Regards
Dan (obviously not an SDL employee...)

Kasia Platkowska
Kasia Platkowska
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DETAILED wordcount in TRADOS 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Hello Dan!

That is EXACTLY what I mean, but I only have access to the "general" wordcount (Segment, Characters, percentRecognized Tokens and Tags), but without all these percent matches...How did you access to this detailed information (step by step)? Thank you in advance,

Kasia Platkowska

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:52
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Analyze Nov 17, 2014

Kasia Platkowska wrote:
How did you access to this detailed information (step by step)?

I didn't do anything special. You need - I think - to run the "Analyze Files" batch task on your project. If you can't run that task, make sure that you don't have a single file project. Read Paul's post here (or watch the video he supplies):
http://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/07/06/opendocument/
And also look at this thread, which has some useful tips:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/155767-how_to_analyze_a_file.html

Dan

Kasia Platkowska
Kasia Platkowska
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DETAILED wordcount in TRADOS 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Thank you so much, Dan!

I did as you explained and it worked!!!

Best regards,

Kasia Platkowska

Per Fischer
Per Fischer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Danish to English
+ ...
What about seeing how many new words you've done Nov 26, 2014

I'm working on huge files in Trados 2014 , and to keep track of my progress I need to know how many of the file's new words I've done so far. Trados's percentage done seems only to show the total words, but I new to see only the percentage of new words done.

It's a standard feature in the free CAT tool OmegaT, so I was kind of assuming it would be straightforward in this comprehensive tool. Perhaps not.

I can't seem to find where - re-analysing files you are working on
... See more
I'm working on huge files in Trados 2014 , and to keep track of my progress I need to know how many of the file's new words I've done so far. Trados's percentage done seems only to show the total words, but I new to see only the percentage of new words done.

It's a standard feature in the free CAT tool OmegaT, so I was kind of assuming it would be straightforward in this comprehensive tool. Perhaps not.

I can't seem to find where - re-analysing files you are working on just give you the total word count.

Can anyone help?

Per
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try looking in the Files View... Nov 26, 2014

... so you can see the "Confirmation Statistics" by file in your Project. This is a tab at the bottom of the screen. It updates as you select files to show you the information you're interested in for the selected files.

Regards

Paul

Per Fischer
Netherlands
Danish to English
+ ...
That's what I'm doing Nov 27, 2014

- but it only shows me the total percentages of the file, ie. how many words of the total have been translated.

I would like to see only how many of the NEW words in the file have been translated at a given point in time.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Sounds like you just need to choose the right display perhaps? Nov 27, 2014

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
You could also look at.... Nov 27, 2014

... a plugin to Studio 2014 that allows you to save versions of your Projects/Files as you work and then be able to compare between any versions you like at any time and see exactly how many words you have done and more.

http://codificare.net/posteditcompare.html

This provides an excellent analysis of what you are doing but might be more than you're really looking for?
... See more
... a plugin to Studio 2014 that allows you to save versions of your Projects/Files as you work and then be able to compare between any versions you like at any time and see exactly how many words you have done and more.

http://codificare.net/posteditcompare.html

This provides an excellent analysis of what you are doing but might be more than you're really looking for?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Per Fischer
Netherlands
Danish to English
+ ...
Will check the plug-in Nov 27, 2014

Thanks for you help, Paul, but it doesn't really help me changing the display, I already tried that - as far as I can see, Trados is only giving me the totals for the file (words, characters, segments), no matter what display I pick here.

Perhaps I'm not describing it correctly, but I only need to know how many of the new words in the file I have so far translated, without any repetitions in that statistic. Is that possible?

Per

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DETAILED wordcount in TRADOS 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »