Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Service Pack 2 for SDL Trados Studio 2014 and SDL MultiTerm 2014 - Java is gone!
Thread poster: SDL_Robert
Special note for Paul at SDL Support Nov 21, 2014

Hi Paul,

I don't know if you were directly involved in getting rid of Java and adding the quick term insert function, but I am loving SP2!

After having to do 5 separate clicks to insert every new term into the termbase, this is amazing!!!!

Thanks to SDL for this change

(I know you don't get a lot of love on this site so here's a little bit)

Rhonda

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:31
English
Thank you!! Nov 21, 2014

Scubabe wrote:

Hi Paul,

I don't know if you were directly involved in getting rid of Java and adding the quick term insert function, but I am loving SP2!

After having to do 5 separate clicks to insert every new term into the termbase, this is amazing!!!!

Thanks to SDL for this change

(I know you don't get a lot of love on this site so here's a little bit)

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda,

I'm saying thanks from everyone at SDL who are all as glad as you are, and who all had a part to play in it's demise! It was a long time coming!

Thank you.

Paul

luc buset
luc buset  Identity Verified
France
English to French
"Value too large or too small for INt16" Nov 22, 2014

Same Issue as Nicolas:
"Value too large or too small for INt16"
Can't open Any File !! I have to re'install SP1 now.... Windows 7 64bit

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Please review this link... Nov 22, 2014

... as your problem is probably a licensing issue:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/277948-trados_2014_sp2_error_value_was_either_too_large_or_too_small_for_int16-page3.html#2368760

Regards

Paul

Yuriy Vassilenko
Yuriy Vassilenko  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:31
English to Russian
Solved Nov 23, 2014

Yuriy Vassilenko wrote:

Hi Robert!

Could you help with?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2413lhwbn4y8o3k/18-11-2014%2023-29-13.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnc2dyzptvvdbtm/18-11-2014%2023-32-54.jpg?dl=0

Privilege is enough. Run as administrator gives the same error.

System Windows 7 Pro x64 (Russian).

KB artcle 3194 - How to disable User Account Control for Windows 7

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?ArticleId=3194&source=Article&c=12&cid=23#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3194

But minus to carma of programmers

Nicolas Delucchi
Nicolas Delucchi
Local time: 04:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
That's that. Nov 24, 2014

I resolved my issue by doing some deep scrubbing on my PC. Returned licenses, uninstalled everything, used CCleaner to get rid of all pesky files and registry entries and then reinstalled from scratch. It worked like a charm.

I have no doubt in my mind that contacting SDL through the KB would have solved the issue, but some maintenance in my PC was due anyway. And I could do it in the background while grading exams.

I would recommend others to avoid this route unless yo
... See more
I resolved my issue by doing some deep scrubbing on my PC. Returned licenses, uninstalled everything, used CCleaner to get rid of all pesky files and registry entries and then reinstalled from scratch. It worked like a charm.

I have no doubt in my mind that contacting SDL through the KB would have solved the issue, but some maintenance in my PC was due anyway. And I could do it in the background while grading exams.

I would recommend others to avoid this route unless you know exactly what you are doing and encourage you to contact support at SDL. This is an instance in which you are not supposed to pay any extra for said support.

Paul, thank you for all your help.
Collapse

Herveline Thépaut
Herveline Thépaut
English to French
Studio 2014 does not start anymore... Nov 25, 2014

I downloaded SP 2 yesterday, and Studio does not start anymore this morning. I get an error message saying : "Impossible to start the service" (in FR : impossible de démarrer le service) and then "Sdl.Desktop.Plaform.CommandBars.IActionService".
I tried to remove the .xmls files recommanded to go back to the previsous version, but I cannot find them on my computer.
I submitted a request, but I'd like to get this fixed today. Does anyone have a clue?
Thanks in advance.

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
Thanks! Nov 27, 2014

The new version is great! And the editing of the source text ist a considerable amelioration and more smooth as before.
And the new terme base interface.

Best,

Geneviève

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:31
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Ready? Nov 27, 2014

Is it now safe to download it? I've mainly heard complaints here. Can anyone report that it is working successfully? My schedule is too packed at the moment to have to spend time fixing Studio if SP2 is still flaky. I'd be grateful for any feedback. Thanks.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Everything works absolutely fine Nov 27, 2014

Not a slightest problem with SP2. Everything works great, and Studio is lightning fast now (though it was fast already before).

Disclaimer: I have never had any problems with either Studio 2009, 2011, 2014 at all.

Natalia

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
No problems Nov 27, 2014

Hi Lisa,

The SP2 update went smoothly.

To be honest, it's worth installing SP2 just to know that you now won't have to take a deep breath every time Oracle puts out a new Java release

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:31
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Thanks Nov 27, 2014

Giles Watson wrote:

To be honest, it's worth installing SP2 just to know that you now won't have to take a deep breath every time Oracle puts out a new Java release

Thanks Giles. Contrary to Natalie's experience I've had regular problems with Java updates. I think I'll bite the bullet then.

SDL_Robert
SDL_Robert
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Ready. Nov 27, 2014

Hi Lisa,

Bear in mind that this is the SDL Trados Support forum, so people who post here do it normally because they have a problem.

SP2 has already been downloaded by thousands of people, and there aren't thousands of complaints, so I think it's safe!

Can't guarantee that any computer software is 100% safe to install... there's always something that might go wrong. But the overwhelming majority of SP2 users have no issues. I just installed it myself and it
... See more
Hi Lisa,

Bear in mind that this is the SDL Trados Support forum, so people who post here do it normally because they have a problem.

SP2 has already been downloaded by thousands of people, and there aren't thousands of complaints, so I think it's safe!

Can't guarantee that any computer software is 100% safe to install... there's always something that might go wrong. But the overwhelming majority of SP2 users have no issues. I just installed it myself and it's running perfectly.

Rob
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Risk management basics Nov 27, 2014

Lisa Simpson, MCIL MITI wrote:

Is it now safe to download it? I've mainly heard complaints here. Can anyone report that it is working successfully?

Yes, there have been some problems. I wrote a blog post about why some of these problems happen, with advice on how to avoid them:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2014/11/24/risk-management/

I think I'll bite the bullet then.

Enjoy! And report back here on how the update went for you!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Service Pack 2 for SDL Trados Studio 2014 and SDL MultiTerm 2014 - Java is gone!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »