Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Service Pack 2 for SDL Trados Studio 2014 and SDL MultiTerm 2014 - Java is gone!
Thread poster: SDL_Robert
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:58
Dutch to English
How many autosuggest dictionaries Nov 30, 2014

Hi Paul,

I have six at the moment. When I want to add autosuggest dictionaries to a project, and open the "Open Autosuggest Dictionary" window, I have to select each dictionary separately because the normal behaviour of holding down shift while selecting multiple items doesn't work. This behaviour does work as normal when selecting TMs and termbases, which is why I thought it must be a bug.

Thanks,

Olly

sesc
sesc
Sweden
Uninstall, reboot, then install Dec 9, 2014

Yuriy Vassilenko wrote:

Hi Robert!

Could you help with?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2413lhwbn4y8o3k/18-11-2014%2023-29-13.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnc2dyzptvvdbtm/18-11-2014%2023-32-54.jpg?dl=0

Privilege is enough. Run as administrator gives the same error.

System Windows 7 Pro x64 (Russian).

For the record, I had the same problem as Yuriy yesterday when updating (and then even while trying to restore the previous SP1).
This procedure ultimately worked:
- uninstall Trados (definitely marks the Windows service "SDL ... Customer Feedback Service" for deletion, though that may have already been taken care of by the update attempt)
- reboot (completes the deletion, which has blocked further processing of the task)
- install Trados.

HTH,
Sebastian

Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Great improvement: terms keep disappearing after closing trados Dec 11, 2014

SDL_Robert wrote:

Service Pack 2 (SP2) is now available for SDL Trados Studio 2014 and SDL MultiTerm 2014!

MultiTerm: Java removed, improving terminology performance

• Java-based technology has been replaced with new technology within the integration between SDL MultiTerm 2014 and Studio 2014, providing a much faster and more stable experience when working with terminology.

• Adding terms to a termbase during translation is now even faster with the new ‘Quick Add New Term’ feature of Studio 2014 SP2. Simply highlight the term in the source and target segment and right click to add term (or use the button in the ribbon) and that is it, the term is now added to the termbase.

The only problem is that the terms added disappear when closing Trados.. see here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/269500-multiterm_2014_termbase_default_added_terms_disappear_when_application_closes.html

Konstantin Stäbler
Konstantin Stäbler  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
From bad to worse Dec 11, 2014

At first SP2 seemed to work, but now my Multiterm is more or less disabled since I don't even see the option to open a termbase under "File" anymore. All I see are options to change my user profile. Furthermore, I get all kinds of error messages when I click on the help or update buttons...

Any suggestions?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Like this? Dec 11, 2014

Konstantin Stäbler
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Yeah, it's gone Dec 11, 2014

The problem is that I don't have this option anymore. It's just gone.

Konstantin Stäbler
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Contact? Dec 12, 2014

Could you provide me with an e-mail address that I can send a screenshot to? This probably doesn't go away on its own. Thanks!

[Edited at 2014-12-12 13:47 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Use the solution finder... Dec 12, 2014

... and contact support. But please post back the results, I think it will be interesting to know how part of the menu can disappear!

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Do
... See more
... and contact support. But please post back the results, I think it will be interesting to know how part of the menu can disappear!

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Sarah Jackowski
Sarah Jackowski
Germany
English to German
Multiterm 2014 SP2 issue Dec 17, 2014

Hi,

It seems like I cannot open multiple entries at the same time anymore in Multiterm SP2. Before, they would be open in various Tabs so I could quickly Switch between them.
I need this function to merge some entries...However, when one entry is open, I can not open or jump to another term until I left editing mode.
Any suggestion?

Tom Gale (X)
Tom Gale (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:58
French to English
+ ...
Crashes when splitting segments Jan 5, 2015

I've noticed that this new version has a habit of crashing when splitting segments ('This program is not responding...') which can only be resolved by restarting the application. Has anyone else noticed this?

Mats Linder
Mats Linder  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Updated manual Jan 29, 2015

I just wanted to tell you that the Studio manual has been updated with the changes in SP2, descriptions of most of the new OpenExchange applications since last April, and other new stuff; 29 new pages (in all 482). If you want to know more, go to www.tradosstudiomanual.com/?p=1026.

Regards,
Mats

Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
can't "add as a new translation" Jan 30, 2015

Dear all,
I've just come across this for the first time with SP2.
Shft+Ctrl+U doesn't work.
The hint in the SDL Knowledge Base -- first clear the target segment -- is not working for me (http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6404).
Any ideas?
Thanks,
-Mike-

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Upgrade to Trados SP2 and keep Multiterm SP1? Jan 30, 2015

Trados is proving less and less dependable. So we are forced to choose between a slow and complicated Java app and an unreliable (=unusable) terminology tool.

I am glad I did not apply the update right away. However, I thought that in a couple of months most of the serious problems should have been solved. If I understand correctly it is not so. I guess I will leave MT SP2 in quarantine for quite a few months more.

Now I wonder: would it be possible to upgrade to SP2 T
... See more
Trados is proving less and less dependable. So we are forced to choose between a slow and complicated Java app and an unreliable (=unusable) terminology tool.

I am glad I did not apply the update right away. However, I thought that in a couple of months most of the serious problems should have been solved. If I understand correctly it is not so. I guess I will leave MT SP2 in quarantine for quite a few months more.

Now I wonder: would it be possible to upgrade to SP2 Trados only (and get support for alphanumeric strings and the other advantages prospected) while keeping Multiterm to SP1? And would this help avoiding all the problems emerging here?
Collapse

Simon Bruni
Simon Bruni  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Error after updating to SP2 Feb 13, 2015

Can anyone suggest a fix for the following error? I have very little time left to deliver my project and after installing SP2 Studio is now unusable.

-

Method 'get_Settings' in type 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationMemory.TranslationUpdate' from assembly 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888' does not have an implementation.

-

System.TypeLoadException, msco
... See more
Can anyone suggest a fix for the following error? I have very little time left to deliver my project and after installing SP2 Studio is now unusable.

-

Method 'get_Settings' in type 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationMemory.TranslationUpdate' from assembly 'Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888' does not have an implementation.

-

System.TypeLoadException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationMemory.TranslationUpdate

Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor

-

c__DisplayClass3.b__2() at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteActionForShortcut(Keys shortcut) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.StudioWindowForm.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]>

-

SDL Trados Studio

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Service Pack 1

Simon-PC\Simon

SIMON-PC

True

6216784 MB
Collapse

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Might be a stupid suggestion but... Feb 13, 2015

have you tried rebooting?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Service Pack 2 for SDL Trados Studio 2014 and SDL MultiTerm 2014 - Java is gone!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »