Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >
Service Pack 2 for SDL Trados Studio 2014 and SDL MultiTerm 2014 - Java is gone!
Thread poster: SDL_Robert
SDL_Robert
SDL_Robert
United Kingdom
Nov 18, 2014

Service Pack 2 (SP2) is now available for SDL Trados Studio 2014 and SDL MultiTerm 2014!

What's new in SP2?

MultiTerm: Java removed, improving terminology performance

• Java-based technology has been replaced with new technology within the integration between SDL MultiTerm 2014 and Studio 2014, providing a much faster and more stable experience when workin... See more
Service Pack 2 (SP2) is now available for SDL Trados Studio 2014 and SDL MultiTerm 2014!

What's new in SP2?

MultiTerm: Java removed, improving terminology performance

• Java-based technology has been replaced with new technology within the integration between SDL MultiTerm 2014 and Studio 2014, providing a much faster and more stable experience when working with terminology.

• Adding terms to a termbase during translation is now even faster with the new ‘Quick Add New Term’ feature of Studio 2014 SP2. Simply highlight the term in the source and target segment and right click to add term (or use the button in the ribbon) and that is it, the term is now added to the termbase.

Support for alphanumeric strings

Studio 2014 SP2 will now recognise alphanumeric strings made up of combinations of uppercase letters, numbers, underscores, dashes and full stops. For example BV0.mxm.072.531 or NAME_4001C in a source segment would now be recognised as variables and would be automatically transferred from the source segment to the target segment. This new functionality is especially useful for speeding up the translation of certain documents, such as product brochures, which contain numerous product numbers.

Edit source for all file types

When a translation job is completed, it is common practice to send SDLXLIFF files to the client within the return package. Another time-saving feature introduced with Studio 2014 SP2 is that SDLXLIFF files will now automatically be included in return packages - thus removing a manual task from your busy workload.

These are just some of the new features of Service Pack 2. To learn more, visit our website:

How can I download SP2?

1. Exit SDL Trados Studio 2014 and SDL MultiTerm 2014, and close any Microsoft Office applications.

2. Log in to your SDL Account and go to the "Downloads" section (accessible from "Product & Plans" tab or scrolling down the home page).

3. Once in the "Downloads" section, you will see your SDL Trados Studio / SDL MultiTerm 2014 download ("SP2 - Now Available"). This is accessible via the filter by box (if you have a large number of downloads) or simply by scrolling down the page.

4. Click "Download" on each and save the executable files to your local hard disk. Once downloaded, run both executable files one at a time and follow the wizard driven process.

Collapse

sombat thavorrn

Yuriy Vassilenko
Yuriy Vassilenko  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:52
English to Russian
Some problem with installation Nov 18, 2014

Hi Robert!

Could you help with?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2413lhwbn4y8o3k/18-11-2014%2023-29-13.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnc2dyzptvvdbtm/18-11-2014%2023-32-54.jpg?dl=0

Priv
... See more
Hi Robert!

Could you help with?

Privilege is enough. Run as administrator gives the same error.

System Windows 7 Pro x64 (Russian).
Collapse

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:52
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Same problem - workaround Nov 18, 2014

Yuriy Vassilenko wrote:

Hi Robert!

Could you help with?

Privilege is enough. Run as administrator gives the same error.

System Windows 7 Pro x64 (Russian).

Hi Yuriy,

I was encountering the same problem (both when not running as admin and when running as admin). I managed to install the program by deactivating my antivirus during the installation... not (usually) a safe practice, but I have a firewall on my router, so I risked it.

SDL_Robert
SDL_Robert
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Possible antivirus permissions issue Nov 19, 2014

Hi Yuriy,

This issue seems to be caused by antivirus software (Norton, Kaspersky and Avast, but possibly others too).

Try deactivating any antivirus software (and other programs) during the installation.

Deactivating antivirus is safe if your Internet connection is disabled, so if you are worried about it just do that.

Hope this resolves the problem.
Robert

Yuriy Vassilenko
Russian Federation
English to Russian
I tried disable KIS (Kaspersky) Nov 19, 2014

I tried disable KIS (Kaspersky). But w/o success.

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:52
English to Arabic
I tried disable KIS (Kaspersky) Nov 19, 2014

Hi Yuriy,

Just to be sure you meant you were unable to deactivate Kaspersky?
If so please take a look at the following Kaspersky KB article in relation to enabling/disabling protection-
http://support.kaspersky.co.uk/10022
Once you have installed the SP2 you can immediately reactivate your AV.
Please remember this is safe to do so when all other applications are c
... See more
Hi Yuriy,

If so please take a look at the following Kaspersky KB article in relation to enabling/disabling protection-
http://support.kaspersky.co.uk/10022
Once you have installed the SP2 you can immediately reactivate your AV.
Please remember this is safe to do so when all other applications are closed and you only have a connection to our download server.
Should this still not work, please email me direct and I will escalate for you.

Kind regards

Steve
Collapse

Yuriy Vassilenko
Russian Federation
English to Russian
// Nov 19, 2014

SDL_Steve wrote:

Yes, I'm sure.

Nicolas Delucchi
Nicolas Delucchi
Local time: 04:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm having an issue when opening files Nov 19, 2014

This is what I get when I try to open a file:

"Value too large or too small for INt16"

No info on the Knowledge base about this. Any thoughts?

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and Office 2007 (both fully updated).

[Editado a las 2014-11-19 14:11 GMT]

[Editado a las 2014-11-19 16:52 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:52
English
Any file? Nov 20, 2014

Hi Nicholas,

We're looking into this problem at the moment. It's certainly not widespread but there are a few users reporting something similar here.

I'll update that post as we find out more. In the meantime can you confirm if this is any filetype and if everything else in
... See more
Hi Nicholas,

We're looking into this problem at the moment. It's certainly not widespread but there are a few users reporting something similar here.

I'll update that post as we find out more. In the meantime can you confirm if this is any filetype and if everything else in Studio seems to work... so can you get to the Translation Memories View and open a TM for example? Can you access the menus, and the options?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Ivan Bertrand
Ivan Bertrand  Identity Verified
France
English to French
int 16 error with SP2 Nov 20, 2014

Hi Paul:
I have the same problem. I can open and check a TM, but not much more, does not work for translate single file, does not work for opening biligual file, does not work for opening project.
regards
Ivan

Nicolas Delucchi
Nicolas Delucchi
Local time: 04:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
It's only when I open files Nov 20, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

Hi Nicholas,

I'll update that post as we find out more. In the meantime can you confirm if this is any filetype and if everything else in Studio seems to work... so can you get to the Translation Memories View and open a TM for example? Can you access the menus, and the options?

Regards

Paul

I can open translation memories and Menus. I can't seem to open files, old or new, individual files or in a project. I tries DOC, DOCX, PPS and XML the problem always appears when I try to open the file for editing in editor view or from the files view. I never get to see the file.

I'll follow this up on the other thread.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ivan Bertrand
Ivan Bertrand  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Another problem with SP2 Object reference not set to an instance of an object Nov 21, 2014

Hi Robert:
i am having this problem with SP2 of studio 2014. (with windows 8.1)
I never encountered the problem before.
At least another colleague sunnymica has the problem and reverted to SP1.
this error is not blocking me but it is quite annoying.
It seems to be appearing depending somehow on the result of the TM match, I am sorry i cannot be more precise.
Should I file for a service request ?
kind regards
Ivan

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Yes Nov 21, 2014

Ivan Bertrand wrote:

Should I file for a service request ?

Hi Ivan,

Please log a case vis the solution finder if you don't have a support contract.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem (if they didn’t!)

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer that helps by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Anti-Virus Nov 21, 2014

Sarah Jackowski wrote:

Sounds like a "great" option, especially when working at a bigger Company with an IT department that controls the antivirus Software...
Please, SDL, get your Software QA done before releasing a SP and don't always come up with unacceptable Workarounds...

Hi Sarah,

This is not necessarily a software QA issue at our end. But you are right, disabling AV is not always appropriate, but if you can do it (maybe if you are not a Corporate) then it's a fast way to resolve the issue.

In your case it would make sense to involve your IT and have them add the Studio application as an exception to the antivirus so it is not affected.

This website lists 101 AV programs, but in reality I have no idea how many there are. It would be fairly unrealistic for any software vendor to test their software against every combination of AV and other types of protection systems to ensure everything was covered. It would also be unrealistic to expect all of those AV providers to act on anything that was reported from the manufacturers of all software applications that anyone might install on their machines.

So instead they make it easy and the users have the ability to exclude trusted applications from being picked up themselves.

Interestingly Kaspersky even list the applications they know cause themselves a problem when installing. So even knowing which ones are problematic doesn't mean they are bad, nor does it mean Kaspersky can do anything about it.

Regards

Paul

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Service Pack 2 for SDL Trados Studio 2014 and SDL MultiTerm 2014 - Java is gone!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »