Are Autosuggest Dictionaries Unidirectional?
Thread poster: Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Local time: 17:32
French to English
+ ...
Nov 19, 2014

Good morning, everyone,
I recently downloaded the EU Spanish-English and French-English autosuggest dictionary apps. However, when I try to use these apps while doing a translation into English (From Spanish or French), I receive an error message in Trados that the dictionaries have different source languages. So are these autosuggest dictionaries, unlike regular Termbases, unidirectional? And is there any sort of app or workaround to be able to use them in the other direction?

... See more
Good morning, everyone,
I recently downloaded the EU Spanish-English and French-English autosuggest dictionary apps. However, when I try to use these apps while doing a translation into English (From Spanish or French), I receive an error message in Trados that the dictionaries have different source languages. So are these autosuggest dictionaries, unlike regular Termbases, unidirectional? And is there any sort of app or workaround to be able to use them in the other direction?

Thanks for your input!
Collapse

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 23:32
AutoSuggest dictionaries Nov 24, 2014

Hello Gabrielle,

This is Guillaume Bergeron from SDL.

In this instance, you will not be able to reverse an AutoSuggest dictionary directly, they are unidirectional.

If the dictionaries had been created from one of your TMs, you could reverse these TMs and create new dictionaries from them.

What may be possible in this case is for you to export the dictionaries into Excel, then create a new dictionary, then finally reimport it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are Autosuggest Dictionaries Unidirectional?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »