Ganerdene Gantumur
Ganerdene Gantumur
United States
Local time: 11:02
Member (2011)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
Nov 19, 2014

I just installed SDL Trados 2014 SP2 and tried to open a document and it says "Value was either too large or too small for Int16".What do I do

Nicolas Delucchi
Nicolas Delucchi
Local time: 13:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same problem here. Nov 19, 2014

I'm having the same problem.

No amount of reinstalling or repairing installation helped. I tried updating Microsoft Net framework 4.5 (I assumded the problem was related, because the error message mentioned "mscorlib".

Still no use.

Ganerdene Gantumur
Ganerdene Gantumur
United States
Member (2011)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2014 SP2 error: "Value was either too large or too small for Int16" Nov 19, 2014

SDL needs to fix it as soon as possible.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
mutarjem
mutarjem  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:02
English to Arabic
+ ...
which operating systems are you guys using? Nov 19, 2014

which operating systems are you guys using?

Ganerdene Gantumur
Ganerdene Gantumur
United States
Member (2011)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2014 SP2 error: "Value was either too large or too small for Int16" Nov 19, 2014

Windows 8.1

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Fixing the error? Nov 19, 2014

Hi,
I'm not sure how to fix this as we don't have a lot to go on at the moment. It may be that the installation was not completed correctly... perhaps you ran the installer from the download and didn't save it first... perhaps it has not properly replaced SP1 for some reason.... perhaps the download did not download correctly...

But let's start with these things. First of all can you uninstall Studio completely via the Windows Control Panel.

Next, before you rei
... See more
Hi,
I'm not sure how to fix this as we don't have a lot to go on at the moment. It may be that the installation was not completed correctly... perhaps you ran the installer from the download and didn't save it first... perhaps it has not properly replaced SP1 for some reason.... perhaps the download did not download correctly...

But let's start with these things. First of all can you uninstall Studio completely via the Windows Control Panel.

Next, before you reinstall, can you delete or rename the following folders:

C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Local\SDL: delete/rename the SDL Trados Studio and ProjectApi folder
C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\SDL: delete/rename the SDL Trados Studio folder
C:\Users\[User_Name]\Documents\Studio [VERSION]: rename the Studio [VERSION folder to Studio [VERSION]_Old

Now re-download the installer and save it to your desktop. Once done right-click on it and select install as Admin.

If we're lucky this will do the trick. If we're not please can you log a case through the solution finder so that we can arrange for a support engineer to take a look at your computer.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL MultiTerm 2009, 2011 or 2014
-- The installation went fine but now I get an error message etc
--- The problem occurs in (pick the appropriate tool/s)
---- None of the articles resolved my problem

By the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

Also use the Chrome browser to log the case if you have it; you'll get more success in completing the form.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 12:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
Data security warning Nov 19, 2014

mutarjem wrote:
Please save the error message to XML and poste it
try to post the message here, maybe I can check and see what is going on, but most probably this needs a hot fix from SDL.

NO. Do NOT post the XML error message, because it includes log-in data and other information about your local PC which you should always treat as 'highly confidential'.

At the very least, delete the sensitive data before posting it here - or sending it to any third party offering assistance with this bug, including anyone purporting to be in SDL's employ.

[Edited at 2014-11-19 22:45 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
There is no login data held in this file! Nov 19, 2014

Hi,

There is a user ID and computer name but that's about it.

But please don't post the long error stacks in here. If you have one, and if you're comfortable with it, send me the stack and it may be useful in tracking down the cause of this problem.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Jennifer Levey
Chile
Spanish to English
+ ...
@Paul Nov 19, 2014

SDL Support wrote:
There is a user ID and computer name but that's about it.

In the XML error message I saw earlier today there was more 'sensitive' data than just a user ID and computer name.

I don't want to take ths thread OT (you have other far more important things to do if Trados can't count past +/-32767!), but I wonder why your error messages even need to be aware of confidential user IDs, computer names and network names, let alone report them in error messages.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
Ganerdene Gantumur
Ganerdene Gantumur
United States
Member (2011)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

I am not lucky this time even when I followed Paul's instructions.

Jennifer Levey
Chile
Spanish to English
+ ...
Don't fight the bug ... Nov 20, 2014

Ganerdene Gantumur wrote:

I am not lucky this time even when I followed Paul's instructions.

... just hold your breath (if you can...) while they fix it.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 SP2 error: "Value was either too large or too small for Int16"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »