Ognjenka Maric
Ognjenka Maric  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:22
Spanish to Bosnian
+ ...
Nov 19, 2014

I have the Freelance Plus 2009 license.
Recently one of my computers went dead so I was unable to return the license I had on it. Now I am trying to return the other one, but I am receiving an error message "Cannot perform support actions on inactive fulfillment record"
I would like to return both (or any of them) as I will be installing Trados on another computer.

Thank you in advance

Hazel Underwood
Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:22
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
SDL Knowledge Base Nov 20, 2014

Have you tried following these instructions?

http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=3584#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3584

Admittedly SDL/Trados Help doesn't always "help", but worth a try!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try this one instead. Nov 20, 2014

You can reset your own license by using the Self Service option in your MySDL account for SDL Trados 2007 and SDL Trados Studio 2009.

Go to KB article #4295 ( http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4295 ) and follow the instructions.

Regards

Paul

Ognjenka Maric
Ognjenka Maric  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Managed to return one license Nov 21, 2014

Thank you both for the help. I have managed to return one license using the "Force Return"button, however I am still unable to return the second license (it is a Freelance Plus with a second activation). The "Return License" button has dissapeared, and it displays "one available one in use".
This license was activated on a computer that does not work any more so I cannot try to deactivate from there.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Don't worry about it... Nov 21, 2014

... just activate the one that is now available and they you''ll find you can force return the other. The reason you can't do it again now is because as far as the licensing server is concerned you have a licence available at the moment.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to return license

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »