Trados 2014 SP2 error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Thread poster: sunnymica
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:14
English
Check this thread Nov 22, 2014

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/277948-trados_2014_sp2_error_value_was_either_too_large_or_too_small_for_int16-page3.html#2368760

Konat
Konat
English to Polish
+ ...
Me too Dec 4, 2014

I am also having this "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error on SP2. Sometimes it gets very annoying. I did have it on SP1 ocassionally but now on SP2 is much more frequent.

sunnymica
sunnymica  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
possible but but unstable solution Dec 4, 2014

It seems that this problem is somehow connected with TMs.

You should try to re-load all your TMs.

In my case: the add-in for MyMemory didn't work with SP2 in a stable way. I returned back to SP1.

Konat
Konat
English to Polish
+ ...
MyMemory was the cause Dec 4, 2014

Just to let you know, I have just re-installed myMemory plugin (make sure to select 2014 version) and it helped greatly. The problem has disappeared.

sunnymica
sunnymica  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MyMemory and the error message "Object reference not set..." Dec 5, 2014

Me too, I have updated to the latest MyMemory version. First, I had this impression too, that the error had disappeared, but after a while it turned back. But I am happy that your system runs now without any problem!

Konat
Konat
English to Polish
+ ...
that didn't help Dec 5, 2014

Yep, you're right that didn't help.

But I've found this:
http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=6074#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6074

I've just installed this patch and this time it seems like it really helped...

Ivan Bertrand
Ivan Bertrand  Identity Verified
France
English to French
yes the fix did help Dec 8, 2014

Hi Konat:
the fix you mentionned made the problem go away.
I have had it for the past 3 weeks very annoying but the fix you just mentionned worked great !
thank you!
ivan

Wolfgang Friesel
Wolfgang Friesel  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Exactly the same problem Jan 1, 2015

I have exactly the same problem like Sunnymica.
I tried any solution offered in the KB without success.

It it especially important for me, because I work with an external reviewer and when I try to apply their changes I get the message that the translation file has been changed after sending the review file. Therefore it is not possible to apply the changes in Studio, only manually. I think this is a consequence of that issue.

I am using Windows 8.1 and Studio 20
... See more
I have exactly the same problem like Sunnymica.
I tried any solution offered in the KB without success.

It it especially important for me, because I work with an external reviewer and when I try to apply their changes I get the message that the translation file has been changed after sending the review file. Therefore it is not possible to apply the changes in Studio, only manually. I think this is a consequence of that issue.

I am using Windows 8.1 and Studio 2014
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Mymemory indeed Jan 1, 2015

Konat wrote:

Just to let you know, I have just re-installed myMemory plugin (make sure to select 2014 version) and it helped greatly. The problem has disappeared.

I found it very annoying, but when I disabled the Mymemory plugin, the problem was gone.

Piotr

Christophe LEONHARD
Christophe LEONHARD  Identity Verified
German to French
How to install Konat's patch... Jan 5, 2015

Thank you Konat. I just applied the patch you recommended ( http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=6074#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6074 ) and it worked fine allthough it was rather complicated to get it installed.

Actually my Windows 7 considers .msp files as picture files.
To get the patch installed, I had to type the following command in
... See more
Thank you Konat. I just applied the patch you recommended ( http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=6074#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6074 ) and it worked fine allthough it was rather complicated to get it installed.

Actually my Windows 7 considers .msp files as picture files.
To get the patch installed, I had to type the following command in the Windows command window:

msiexec /p "C:\...access path...\Studio2014-SP2-HF1.msp" REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=omus

Hope this will help others too!
Collapse

Kimrey Batts
Kimrey Batts  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:14
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same error message but only when trying to generate target. Please help! Jan 18, 2015

Hi, I'm working in Trados 2014 SP2, Windows 7, and I hadn't seen this message, but I'm trying to generate the target and the message appears and I can't generate the document. So far I've only tried Window reset because I wanted to see if anyone else has had this specific problem and has advice before moving on to the other fixes (since the issue mentioned here, of having this message appear line to line, seems to be different). I'm working off of a local TM and local termbase. I'm not particula... See more
Hi, I'm working in Trados 2014 SP2, Windows 7, and I hadn't seen this message, but I'm trying to generate the target and the message appears and I can't generate the document. So far I've only tried Window reset because I wanted to see if anyone else has had this specific problem and has advice before moving on to the other fixes (since the issue mentioned here, of having this message appear line to line, seems to be different). I'm working off of a local TM and local termbase. I'm not particularly experienced with Trados so patient advice would be greatly appreaciated. I need to turn in the translation (target format) by tomorrow morning. Thank you so much!Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 SP2 error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »