Urgent: How can I install Studio 2011 again?
Thread poster: Mariana Rohlig Sa
Mariana Rohlig Sa
Mariana Rohlig Sa  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:45
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 20, 2014

After following the steps below I now have to install Trados Studio 2011 again. I inititally followed the steps below because I got the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error after my laptop did an automatic update. I did try deleting the xml files, but it didn't work. It says "Make sure to use the downloaded installer on your local machine". Where do I get the downloaded installer? Shouldn't it be under my downloads in the SDL translation zone? Is it the "SDL Trados Studio... See more
After following the steps below I now have to install Trados Studio 2011 again. I inititally followed the steps below because I got the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error after my laptop did an automatic update. I did try deleting the xml files, but it didn't work. It says "Make sure to use the downloaded installer on your local machine". Where do I get the downloaded installer? Shouldn't it be under my downloads in the SDL translation zone? Is it the "SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2"?

Solution 4:

In the case that the product update was not installed correctly (or the solutions above were no help), you need to uninstall and then re-install it again:

Click on Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
In the list of installed programs scroll to the product update, for example SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2 - Remove suite of products
Select this entry with a click and then click the Uninstall button.
After successful uninstall run the installation file for the product update again.
NOTE 1: Make sure to use the downloaded installer on your local machine and do not use the Download and run... or Save and Run... or Run... feature directly from your browser.

NOTE 2: Windows Vista and Windows 7 users that use an active User Account Control (UAC) should launch the installer with a right-click and select Run as Administrator....
Collapse

Mariana Rohlig Sa
Mariana Rohlig Sa  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:45
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am installing the Trados Studio 2011 SP2 now Nov 20, 2014

and if I remember correctly, the installer will open up at some point during the installation process.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent: How can I install Studio 2011 again?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »